Work Capability Assesment cancelled again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Capability Assesment cancelled again

dimmingdave
dimmingdave Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi
Just got back from the asessment centre for my work capability assesment and they had already cancelled it when I got there.  They said they now have all the information they needed and had cancelled my assesment.  They said not to worry and its good news but they couldnt tell me and I had to wait for the letter.
Has any body else had this and should I worry. Im now totally confused as the first cancellation was that they had booked a nurse when I needed a doctor.  This date was for the doctor and they cancelled it again.
TIA   Dave

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited August 2019
    Hi @dimmingdave.
    Without an assessment they can’t find you fit for work, so in that sense it is good news! Hopefully they will send out a decision letter quickly so you can have a better idea of what’s going on.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    That is poor and quite unusual to have it cancelled twice email head office of jobcentre local to you if it is taking too long for 
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    A reply* people havent sent me the letter after 2 weeks after going to esa assessment 
  • dimmingdave
    Hi Guys thanks for the advice.  I was originally passed to CHDA by the Walsall Service centre to see if they could pay LCWRA.  From what has happened today should I assume that is what has been recommended.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Guys thanks for the advice.  I was originally passed to CHDA by the Walsall Service centre to see if they could pay LCWRA.  From what has happened today should I assume that is what has been recommended.
    Are you currently in a group for ESA or on assessment rate?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • regularirregular
    regularirregular Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    It is likely that your GP or other medical professionals were contacted in regards to your case during filework and CHDA hasn't received the required information from them in timely manner so you had to be called for the WCA.

While waiting for the assessment, a reply from the professional must have arrived and it supported your claim (LCW or LCWRA) so a filework assessor was able to give advice to the decision maker without you having to attend the WCA.

This means that depending on your previous benefit claims, you are either in LCWRA or LCW.
    If you were receiving LCW, professional information could have confirmed LCW or even LCWRA.
    If you were in LCWRA group, the information could have only confirmed LCWRA and you cannot be changed to LCW without the assessment.
    Your request to be put into LCWRA was not enough evidence for you to not be called to the assessment as professional evidence is the only thing that can be accepted.
  • dimmingdave
    However the confusing bit is this.  This is a new claim for universal credit.  They sent me a UC50 to fill in and called me fpr a work capability assesment 2 weeks ago. When  I got there I signed in waited 30 mins for them to come back and say they had messed up and one of my conditions is a brain tumour which needs to be assesed by a doctor and not a nurse. So they gave me an appointment for a doctor which was today.  I got there and they said they cancelled it because they had all the information required to do the report without an assesment.  They already had the full Adult Social Care report which was sent with the UC50. So hadnt been put in either group as new claim. Checked when got home and they said they sent the report to DWP Friday.  is this good news or have they made another **** up????
  • poppy123456
    You can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment unless you fail to attend. As it's your first work capability assessment then the decision should be LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • regularirregular
    regularirregular Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    @poppy123456 is absolutely correct. On both accounts.
    Assessor's advice to the decision maker will be LCWRA on whatever grounds they can justify more easily.
    There are multiple paths that lead to LCWRA decision and with only the one diagnosis you provided and no other info, it is impossible to say which reason they chose.

• dimmingdave
    Hi again an update to the continuing farce of my work capability assesment.  After my posts above the local jobcentre contacted me to say a decision had been made but was just awaiting uploading to my journal and keep checking.  Up till Wednesday wasnt on journal so went in and was told no decision had been made and would have to wait until done.  Got a copy of my report and recommended LCWRA due to distance can walk unaided.  However was very surprised to see that despite CHDA stating they cancelled my last appointment due to new medical evidence; the report stated it was completed using my evidence supplied and the questionaire.  Also it was completed by a nurse when they cancelled the first assesment because I should of seen a doctor not a nurse. Dont know what to believe now.  Do the decision makers normally go with CHDA recommendation and how long does it take to get a decision.  They have recommended me being reassesed in 2 years.  Thanks for any advice now totally confused.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @dimmingdave, it must be really frustrating to still be waiting. Unfortunately there’s no real timescale for a decision, even the timescale they give are just estimates. 

The decision makers usually do go with the recommendation, it’s rare for them not to. 

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    As previously advised, it's very rare for them to go against the report, although it does sometimes happen. Hopefully a decision won't be too long, i know it's very stressful all this waiting.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.