PIP Tribunal next week - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal next week

2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's amazing news @nicolafhurst!

I hope it goes well for your mum @Tamsin, I'm glad she has decided to attend. :) 
    Scope

• Tamsin
    Tamsin Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    So pleased you won your appeal @nicolafhurst, thanks for your message! Thanks @Adrian_Scope and @Chloe_Scope, I will keep you posted ?
  • nicolafhurst
    nicolafhurst Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Thank you I’m glad it’s over with and I would say with anyone thinking of going through this definitely don’t hesitate if your in the right cause it’s so worth it in the end xx
  • kezhendo73
    kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    @Tamsin so pleased your mum has changed her mind I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her 

@nicolafhurst great new congratulations on your win 
    I too won my award back at enhanced for both it was so worth the wait ?
  • Moonblue27
    Moonblue27 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    The new tribunal will have all the information in front of them and rightly so as the lies that the assessor put in my assessment was plain to see. And it’s very very rare they reduce your points and money . Your mum will be fine. I waited 19 months to have my day in court and my say but in the end the judge and doctor more or less threw it out. They are impartial and very very fair x 
  • nicolafhurst
    That’s just how mine was they had made there decision before I went into the room the assesor lied in so much of mine it was like they were talking about another person and got me mixed up but she even said my hair looked clean and my clothes were too and I could stoke my little dog so there for I can’t be that bad but talking to me I thought it had sailed through she even got emotional in my assessment when asking what I’ve been like from the beginning to then so I would say to anyone even if u got medium rate if u think your point s are wrong take it further cause u never now and get written letter from your doctor or nurse that’s what I did it all helps good luck again to your mum I’m sure she will be fine xxx
  • Moonblue27
    79% of Appeals are now being won xxxx 
  • Tamsin
    Hi all, just thought I'd update you. The tribunal lasted around 20 minutes and then they decided to adjourn it because they didn't have enough medical records. As I feared my mum, who has real issues retaining information, crumbled under their questioning and said she 'didnt know' in answer to some of their questions about medical information. It was a disaster. She's now in an even worse state than before and wants to give up. We will request the medical records this week and send them once we have them, but the chances of her agreeing to attend another tribunal after today's disaster are slim to none.

Thanks all for your advice and support!
  • nicolafhurst
    Awww bless her tell to try not to give up she will get there xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Tamsin and thank you for updating us. I'm so sorry the tribunal didn't go to plan and I understand how difficult it was for your mum to be there in the first place. She should be really proud of what she has achieved today and I appreciate the strain it must be having on you both.

I really hope it doesn't take too long for another date and that your mum is able to attend. If there is anything we can do to help then please do let us know!
    Scope

• Moonblue27
    Oh im so so sorry . Let’s hope the medical records convince them next time. They went off my records and my drug regime. Please keep strong it’s worth the fight believe me . If you need any help let me know xx 
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    @Tamsin - I'm so sorry the reconvened tribunal was such a difficult experience.

Adjourning for medical evidence is quite possibly an indication that they feel there is some sort of case to explore - if they felt they had enough information to made an adverse decision then the tribunal would have done ahead and done so. It is in your mother's interests that the ultimate decision is properly grounded in the evidence and has heard fully from all involved, ideally including your mother.

I realise that the tribunal is a difficult and distressing experience for her and that you have mentioned she is anxious. The Tribunal has the job of trying to obtain additional evidence and test the evidence before it by questioning those present, ideally including the claimant. You mentioned also that she has real issues retaining information, implying some sort of memory problem. The questions that arise in my mind are whether the tribunal is fully aware of any particular challenges (beyond some level of understandable anxiety) that your mother faces in giving a full account of her needs and whether they have considered whether the interests of justice require them to listen closely to you as someone familiar with your mother's issues who is not affected by any memory problems?

I'm going to kick those thoughts up in the air and let others who are more familiar with current tribunal practice and/or relevant case law than I am make any helpful suggestions they can.
  • Moonblue27
    I agree with David235 that they must think there is more to look at. My panel, especially the Doctor, looked at my medication and more or less went off that. The questions she asked were to ascertain my walking ability as the assessor wrote I parked 4 mins from my home. It was full of inconsistencies from them, and the panel  were very annoyed at the DWP. Please do not give up hope. Gather as much evidence as you can and you speak for your Mum if your mum finds it hard . 

• Tamsin
    Hi all, I just wanted to update you as you were all so kind In responding to me. My mum had her tribunal today After it was adjourned in Septermber. She won and was given enhanced rate for both mobility and care. We are all so relieved that its over.  Thank you all for your support. 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Tamsin. Great news! Congratulations it must be a huge weight off your mind.
  • Chloe_Scope
    That's amazing news @Tamsin! Congratulations to your mum. I hope you are able to relax now. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's excellent news @Tamsin and must be a huge relief to you and your mum. Thank you for coming back to let us know how you got on! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.