Paying out underpayments from incap to esa - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paying out underpayments from incap to esa

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    You definitely misunderstood the reasons why you qualified for the Income related top up because paying too much NI Contributions is not one of the reasons.

Not living with a partner or having no savings will have qualified you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stillpoorly
    stillpoorly Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    at the time i had no partner or savings so i might be lucky then 
  • poppy123456
    It will also depend on which group you were in when you transferred across...WRAG or Support Group. If it was WRAG there's less change of being owed any money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Monstermunch1310
    Monstermunch1310 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hi I’m new to this chat . I also got changed over from incapacity to esa back in 2011. Have filled in esa3 form and sent back . I have lived alone also was getting independence payment. Am I right in believing as was/am living alone I will be getting sdp for that time. In this last few months I Have started to get sdp premium with my esa. Many thanks
  • poppy123456
    Hi I’m new to this chat . I also got changed over from incapacity to esa back in 2011. Have filled in esa3 form and sent back . I have lived alone also was getting independence payment. Am I right in believing as was/am living alone I will be getting sdp for that time. In this last few months I Have started to get sdp premium with my esa. Many thanks
    You will only receive SDP during that time if you were claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care. If you weren't claiming any of those at any time during the dates in the letter then you won't be entitled to the SDP.
  • stillpoorly
    ive always been in support group and high rate dla since 2011 as far as i can remember
  • poppy123456
    You must have been assessed for the Income Related at some point because you're already claiming the SDP and that's only paid as part of Income Related.
  • stillpoorly
    cant remember that far back how can i find out when i first got on suport group 
  • poppy123456
    DWP will have all that information. The dates in question will be the dates stated on the letter you received with the ESA3 form. You also don't need to be in the support group to receive the SDP because it's paid in either group, including assessment rate. If other criteria apply of course.

All you can do is wait for a decision to made on the ESA3 form, which can take between 12-20 weeks.
  • stillpoorly
    ok il wait n see thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you manage to get this sorted @stillpoorly :)

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. 
    Scope

• stillpoorly
    what does wrag stand for
  • poppy123456
    what does wrag stand for
    Work Related Activity group.
  • stillpoorly
    never been in that group  ,thanx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.