PIP descriptors - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP descriptors

1235»

Comments

• buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    worried33 said:
    Decision has been made, same as recommendation except an extra year.

Glad this anxiety is over.

Found out on phone, letter not arrived yet but decision was made 30 august.

Also judging by the amount of backdated money I think they accepted my reason for late return of form as it looks like they backdated to january not march.
    Wonderful news for you @worried33

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @worried33 Congratulations! Due to the length of time and energy these applications take it took me a couple of weeks to actually realise that the waiting was over. My actual award also gave me an extra year more than the assessor recommended. I wonder if that's standard practice? 
  • worried33
    I read in DWP guidelines that the award end date is supposed to be one year after review date (so during review you still have payments), it might be related to that.  I would assume tho it would be the review date given not the award end date.
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    worried33 said:
    I read in DWP guidelines that the award end date is supposed to be one year after review date (so during review you still have payments), it might be related to that.  I would assume tho it would be the review date given not the award end date.
    It is indeed standard practice for the award end date to be some time after the review date, in order to give time for the renewal process and a decision to be reached. The award end date certainly used to be 12 months after the review date, though I believe a different approach is used for awards made by Tribunals.

It is important to realise that most awards will not run to the end date - they will be superseded at some point during the last year by the renewal decision.

The approach used by PIP is better than that used for DLA, where you got renewal forms a certain number of weeks before your award end date. Especially if it took you some time to make your renewal claim, it was far from unusual for the DLA award to run out before a renewal decision was made.
  • worried33
    yep I figured that once a new decision is made, then whatever is left on the old award is no longer valid, it would either terminate (if no award given) or be a new award duration based on new award.  They clearly do this just to make sure people have continuity in payments.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Reviews are now taking place 6 months before the award is due to end, not 12 months before.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Reviews are now taking place 6 months before the award is due to end, not 12 months before.
    Thank you for that - I had some awareness of it changing but didn't know the latest figure.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.