Work capability assessment decision is puzzling me - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability assessment decision is puzzling me

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    @Stoical65iam you're welcome. Hope you finally get it all sorted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Hi I attended my lcwa review yesterday I gave them copies of letters showing I'm in receipt of pip and also showing that I'm still under a physcatrist. Does anyone know if they take all this into consideration when making a decision on if I'll still receive lcw
  • poppy123456
    Hi I attended my lcwa review yesterday I gave them copies of letters showing I'm in receipt of pip and also showing that I'm still under a physcatrist. Does anyone know if they take all this into consideration when making a decision on if I'll still receive lcw
    PIP and ESA are different benefits with different criteria, whether they use the PIP award as evidence will totally depend on where you scored those points.

Wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Welshlad90
    PIP and ESA are different benefits with different criteria, whether they use the PIP award as evidence will totally depend on where you scored those points.

Wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I get standard rate for daily living and standard rate mobility as I'm unable to follow a unfamiliar journey on my own. I been getting lcw since last year and my condition hasnt changed I've shown that I am under a physcatrist in fact shown them that I have a physcatrist appointment on monday coming so I'm hoping that I dont have to go through hell or fire for them to pass me as still unfit for work
  • Welshlad90
    I scored points for my pip on needing prompting to either prepare or cook simple meal

Needs supervision or prompting to be able to wash or bath

Needs prompting to to dress and prompting to select appropriate clothing.

Surely they should take this all into consideration
  • Welshlad90
    Oh and also prompting to be able to engage with other people
  • poppy123456
    I scored points for my pip on needing prompting to either prepare or cook simple meal

Needs supervision or prompting to be able to wash or bath

Needs prompting to to dress and prompting to select appropriate clothing.

Surely they should take this all into consideration
    Sadly none of those relate to any of the descriptors for either of the ESA groups.
  • Welshlad90
    What so having to be prompted to communicate with people due to it causing distress doesnt class it? Surely because I suffer with violent outbursts I will be classed as being a risk to myself or other people if found as being fit for work
  • Welshlad90
    Even on my pip appeal decision it states I'm severely limited so being that it's called limited capability for work they should take this into consideration
  • poppy123456
    What so having to be prompted to communicate with people due to it causing distress doesnt class it? Surely because I suffer with violent outbursts I will be classed as being a risk to myself or other people if found as being fit for work
    That will most likely be either reg 29 for LCW or reg 35 for LCWRA which are both substantial risk.

PIP isn't about being able to work and does have different criteria to the work capability assessment. As advised, wait a week and request the report because at this stage it's impossible to guess what the outcome will be.
  • Welshlad90
    But as also stated in my assessment I suffer from paranoia at night from the smallest of noises I get suicidal thoughts which gets me to the point as where I wouldn't be bothered of the consequences of jumping off a bridge or in front of a train even had these thoughts on my last assessment which I passed so couldn't see why they will say yeah your fit for work 
  • Welshlad90
    It feels like however much evidence you provide your still classed as having no limitation 
  • Welshlad90
    What points is the lcw decided on then as I've been looking online for the questions and points for it but have found nothing 
  • poppy123456

reg 29 wrag and reg 35 support group explained here. https://cpag.org.uk/welfare-rights/resources/article/making-exception

Lots of people are successfully placed into one of the groups without any problems at all but we rarely hear the good stories. The assessment report will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the recommendations in there.

• Welshlad90
    Am I right in believing the assessment gets emailed to the dwp for them to then decide? How long does a decision roughly take?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited September 2019
    Hi @Welshlad90, unfortunately there's no timescale for decisions, they can take pretty much as long as they like. :( If you leave it a week, you can call and request a copy of your assessment report which will give you an idea of what has been recommended. The decision maker usually goes with this report. Best of luck!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Welshlad90
    Hi @Welshlad90, unfortunately there's no timescale for decisions, they can take pretty much as long as they like. :( If you leave it a week, you can call and request a copy of your assessment report which will give you an idea of what has been recommended. The decision maker usually goes with this report. Best of luck!
    Will they send a copy of the report to my online journal as I'm on the live service now. Have they got to give you a copy if requested or can they decline giving you a copy until a decision is made? 
  • poppy123456
    They will send you a paper copy in the post and not on your journal. It has been known for them to refuse to send it before a decision's been made, especially if you live in N. Ireland.
  • Welshlad90
    They will send you a paper copy in the post and not on your journal. It has been known for them to refuse to send it before a decision's been made, especially if you live in N. Ireland.
    Well I'm hoping they will allow me a copy so I will have some sort of idea then. As having to wait for weeks to find out puts a strain on my mental health. Is it true that male healthcare professionals are less sympathetic?
  • poppy123456
    The wait is extremely stressful for everyone. I've had male and female HCP's and i've yet to have a bad one.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.