I won the tribunal for pip how long does it take for your letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won the tribunal for pip how long does it take for your letter

nicolafhurst
nicolafhurst Community member Posts: 29 Connected
I won my appeal from pip at tribunal I want to order a mobility car but I’m waiting for the letter from pip to state what im in title to so I can take it how long has people waited for there letter x

Comments

• david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    When you succeed at tribunal, DWP are notified of the decision. They must decide whether to put the decision into payment, or exercise their right to call for the Statement of Reasons and Record of Proceedings within one month as a precursor to a possible appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

Most times, DWP put the decision into payment - if they do this they will pay you any backpayment owed and send you a decision letter. If they request the SOR, it is rare for them to appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

You must have 12 months of PIP enhanced rate Mobility remaining when you join the Motability scheme.
  • nicolafhurst
    Thank you they have awarded me 5 years i was awarded normal rate at first on both but cause of the assessment I had and the lady lied about nearly all of my assessment I took it court with doctors letter and hospital ones as well so I won my case and got awarded high on both for five years so I’m hoping that will be it I’m just waiting for the letter so say what I’ve been awarded so I can get my car x thank you 
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    As I said, unless DWP have notified you they are putting the Tribunal's decision into payment (and perhaps paid any backpayment into your account), they have a month long window in which they could apply for the SOR.

If DWP decide to put your decision into payment - which is the most likely outcome - then you will get a letter fairly quickly after that decision.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ nicolafhurst, I am afraid you will just have to wait till the official notification letter arrives and confirms your PIP award of enhanced for both daily living and mobility. When choosing your car don’t rush in to one make or model have a try getting in and out, do you need to put a mobility scooter in the boot or wheel chair, where am I going to use it most around town or longer journeys, fuel type and lastly manual or automatic gearbox. Having driven a manual gearbox on car since aged 17 and farm tractors with both I now just changed to my first diesel car and it’s an automatic so much easier and smooth but the brakes are very good, to good so use carefully.
  • nicolafhurst
    Thank you both so much for the advice hopefully won’t be too long for the letter I will need an automatic cause my joints are so bad so it’s easier x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It can take 8 weeks for backdated payments and to put your award into place after a Tribunal win.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nicolafhurst
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    I had a phone call asking to confirm some details about a week before I got the letter.
  • nicolafhurst
    And how long did u wait for your letter xx
  • blueboy87
    blueboy87 Community member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Hi all still waiting for appeal date from July last year when I phoned tribunal they said it’s taking 54 weeks we are well past that they’re a joke 
  • Jurph
    And how long did u wait for your letter xx
    My appeal was the 14th August, got a call on the 30 and my letter came yesterday. 

So just over 3 weeks in total.
  • Jurph
    blueboy87 said:
    Hi all still waiting for appeal date from July last year when I phoned tribunal they said it’s taking 54 weeks we are well past that they’re a joke 

They are definitely not a joke. They are inundated with our appeals. If the DWP and it's outsourced assessment services did the job properly, taxpayer's money wouldn't be wasted on HMCTS which is already overstretched and underfunded.

• nicolafhurst
    That’s not too bad then I’m just glad it’s over with and blueboy87 mine tribunal took over a year and half so it is long waiting there is so much back log hopefully it won’t be too long for you x
  • nicolafhurst
    I had my tribunal 2 weeks today and received my letter today confirming I won my case and I get my back pay tomorrow so it doesn’t always take really long once you have your tribunal I can take two weeks x
  • Jurph
  • nicolafhurst
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's great @nicolafhurst, really pleased for you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • nicolafhurst
    Thank you so much I’m glad it’s over with I hope everyone else gets good news too x
  • lauren987
    lauren987 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
    Hi does anyone know then if after my award letter gets posted today if ill receive money over the next week or so? @nicolafhurst i got told by pip a letters coming out today to me. Thanks
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lauren987 You may find that money is in your account before you get the letter, this was the case with me and I know others have been the same, especially if they have contacted you to check your bank account details are correct.

If not the letter will state date of payment

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.