Work capability assessment decision is puzzling me - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability assessment decision is puzzling me

13»

Comments

• Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    The wait is extremely stressful for everyone. I've had male and female HCP's and i've yet to have a bad one.
    With the report do the assessor usually email it to the dwp or post it to them?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    There's 2 copies that need to be returned, 1 is digital and the other is a paper copy. They won't send a copy out to you until both copies have been received and this can take at least 1 week. Longer if the report is chosen for audit which can sometimes happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Welshlad90
    So if they say received the digital copy today can they make a decision off that or do they need both copies first?
  • poppy123456
    They need both copies i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Welshlad90
    The wait is extremely stressful for everyone. I've had male and female HCP's and i've yet to have a bad one.
    Thanks poppy for all your advice, rang UC this morning and they have said that based on all the information the health assessor has decided that I'm entitled to lcw. Got told that the DM will now just have to admin the decision onto my claim so that it's a continuation. Will not need a review now for 18 months.
  • poppy123456
    Have you had the decision on your journal? I don't understand why you were told the health assessor has decided because it's not up to them to decide. The only person that can make that decision is the decision maker. Once the decision is made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.

If your claim started after April 2017 then LCW doesn't entitle you to receive any extra money each month. Only those that are given LCWRA will receive the extra £336 per month.
  • Welshlad90
    Lwcra is what I'm on 
  • Welshlad90
    I think they said thay the health assessor has recommended that I'm entitled to lwcra
  • Welshlad90
    And that they have recommended I dont have another review for 18 months 
  • Welshlad90
    I get just over £328 a month extra on my uc
  • Welshlad90
    Have you had the decision on your journal? I don't understand why you were told the health assessor has decided because it's not up to them to decide. The only person that can make that decision is the decision maker. Once the decision is made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.

If your claim started after April 2017 then LCW doesn't entitle you to receive any extra money each month. Only those that are given LCWRA will receive the extra £336 per month.
    Dont the assessor make a recommendation though and 99% the DM goes with that decision 
  • poppy123456
    Yes that's correct but you still need to wait for the decision.
  • Welshlad90
    poppy123456 said:
    Yes that's correct but you still need to wait for the decision.
    Yes I know, I think what they had meant is the health assessor has recommended that I am entitled to lwcra, that I have to wait for the DM to add this onto my claim so that it will be a continuation and then my next review will be in 18 months time. Thing I was thinking though I thought they only do reviews every 1, 2 or 3 years. Would they do a review after 18 months?
  • poppy123456
    The timescale is just a guide and nothing more. You can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. Some are assessed after 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and so on.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.