Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
gill51
gill51 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hi i had my home assessment for pip on 13 August.  I rang dwp a week later for my assessment report to be sent out but was told they hadnt recieved it back.  I rang atos and was told it had gone to audit. On 30th august i recieved a txt from dwp stating they had now recieved my written report for pip assessment. I rang them and asked if they would send me a copy of it and they agreed they would put it in the post that day. On Tues 17th sept still no copy of report but a phone call from dwp asking a couple of questions regarding my assessment.  1 asking when my grip in my hands had deteriorated as assessor had stated i had very limited grip in my hands and fingers after doing one of the tests . 2 the assessor  had put in report that i could not walk more than 50 meters without having to rest.. i answered that everything had worsened since jan/feb time.. The man on the phone said the decision for my claim which i started 19th june would be decided by the end of that day and i would have a letter within the next few days. It is the first time i have applied for pip for myself. I did apply in feb for my son but everything was really straight forward and paper based decision. Does it sound like i might be getting some kind of award for pip does anyone know.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi,

I'm afraid it's impossible to answer that question. Give them ring when they open this morning and a decision may have already been made, if it has they will tell you.

If this is a first time claim and you weren't previously claiming DLA, if a decision goes in your favour you'll be backdated money to the date you rang to start your claim. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gill51
    Options
    Received a letter today saying they have all tje information they need to make a decision so looks like i will still be waiting to know anything. Still not recieved my assessment report even tho they said they were sending it around 3 week ago
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's just a standard letter they send everyone and there's no timescales for decisions.

As you haven't received the report yet then give them a ring tomorrow and ask them to send it again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gill51, I appreciate how stressful this is! Were you able to speak to someone today?
    Scope

• gill51
    Options
    No ive been unwell today and spent most of day asleep. I will ring monday Chloe 
  • gill51
    Options
    Just to update.  Got my award letter yesterday enanched daily living and standard mobility. Never received pip assessment report but happy with the awards i have recieved.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gill51, thank you for updating us and congratulations on the award! That's great news. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Glad to hear you're happy with the outcome @gill51. Congratulations. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.