Housing Benefit with ESA help! - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing Benefit with ESA help!

1235»

Comments

• PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    @Adrian_Scope thank you :D

You guys are awesome!
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456

Sorry, I know I’ve just had great news for my partner, but onto the next hurdle.

She was due to find out what her UC payments will be on the 22nd but it’s suddenly changed to the 24th, with her first payment being bumped from 29th down to 28th.

Any reason for this?

And considering she has not heard back regarding the housing from any decision maker, is that in the bag now?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    The 22nd is a Sunday so that's most likely the reason why. No idea why the payment date is a day early but that's not a bad thing.

Can't answer the question about the housing element either but she'll find out for sure on the 24th because what she'll receive will be on her journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PIPnewbie
    edited September 2019
    @poppy123456

Thank you ? 

Again, if you’re interested, I will report back!

(And just realised the 29th is also a Sunday!)
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456 @Adrian_Scope

Just thought I would let you and the rest of the group know that my partner just checked her Universal Credit account...

And during the same 7 day period she is informed she is getting Enhanced Mobility and backpay...

She is getting her full Universal Credit claim, with the LCWRA component included...

AND housing too!

Wow, I am overjoyed for her. What a turnaround in fortune.

Thank you so much for all your help guys.  I cannot tell you the relief to her and hopefully and improvement on her health this will mean.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @PIPnewbie
    Sorry I haven’t spotted your query regarding the statements sooner. I know she’s received it now but I wanted to add that they updated the system last week to change the date it says the statement will be released to 2 days after an assessment period ends. They’ve not revealed why but I can only imagine it’s to give them a few extra days to process and stop all the queries asking where the statements are.

Anyway, I’m so glad to read her UC has been sorted too and they’ve included her full housing element and LCWRA! What a rollercoaster of a week the two of you have had!
    As her payment day is on a weekend she’ll actually be paid on the working day before (so this Friday). 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    Great news! :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • PIPnewbie
    Hi @PIPnewbie
    Sorry I haven’t spotted your query regarding the statements sooner. I know she’s received it now but I wanted to add that they updated the system last week to change the date it says the statement will be released to 2 days after an assessment period ends. They’ve not revealed why but I can only imagine it’s to give them a few extra days to process and stop all the queries asking where the statements are.

Anyway, I’m so glad to read her UC has been sorted too and they’ve included her full housing element and LCWRA! What a rollercoaster of a week the two of you have had!
    As her payment day is on a weekend she’ll actually be paid on the working day before (so this Friday). 
    Great news! :)
    Thanks so much again for all the help :) 

For some reason they're taking £165 from her first payment because she got an ESA payment after her application.  I thought it would be the opposite where they paid an extra week on top of the monthly payment as she applied a week before the last payment date. 

Oh well, so long as she gets it fully from next month :) 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

Any payments of ESA received after she claimed UC will have been deducted from her first payment.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news @PIPnewbie, thank you for sharing!
    Scope

• PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456 I guessed so and it is just a one-off :) 

@Chloe_Scope thanks so much :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.