Hi my name's Kelley and I'm here to ask for some help on my pip reassessment thanks guys x — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name's Kelley and I'm here to ask for some help on my pip reassessment thanks guys x

kelley1234
kelley1234 Community member Posts: 39 Pioneering
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm new to this site my name is Kelley and I suffer with quite a few illness one being arthritis and nerve pain. I had an award for 3 years and have had a reveiw form to fill out . I wonder if anyone can help ,? In between the last 2 years I've had surgery on one of my hips but wasn't successful so I didn't inform pip due to my needs not changing . If it had taken my pain away I would of informed them but it caused no change in my mobility ?! I'm now worried I'm going to be in trouble for not informing them of the surgery even though it didn't improve my legs . Has anyone on here had anything like this happen to them . I suffer severe depression and anxiety so this has made me really anxious . I would be greatful if someone could give me some advice please x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

There were no improvements after the surgery so there were no changes to report, therefore there's nothing to worry about. You can't report changes, if there's nothing to report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kelley1234
    Thankyou for replying to me . Im so nervous has I have bilateral hip pain so even after one hip was operated on I was still in severe pain with my left hip . Then after the healing process of the right hip the nerve pain came back with avengence so I refused surgery on my left hip as I didn't want to go through it all again with no success . I'm epeleptic aswell and I'm so stressed out it's caused more sezures . I really hope I don't have to have another F2,F assessment due to having surgery . Thankyou for your reply I've just sent my form back today it's took me a month to fill out due to my anxiety . X
  • poppy123456
    Is this a PIP review or did you report changes in your conditions?

Either way, expect another face to face assessment because most people have them for reviews, changes of conditions and new claims. It's rare to have a paper based assessment. Did you send evidence with the form to support your claim? They very rare contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

Waiting times for assessments depends on backlog in your area and can be anything from a couple of weeks to several months. After the assessment if you live in the UK you can rang DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kelley1234
    Hi poppy this is a reveiw . I didn't ask for one it's the normal procedure . I've only been claiming pip for 2& half years ! I've sent pain management letters and the odd letter I found from my surgeon stating I'm still in pain with both legs so I cancelled the op . Also my doctors printed out my medication list and added a note saying I have been rushed into hospital with an anxiety attack last month and I have poor mobility and uncontrolled epilepsy and severe nerve pain and bladder issue so I'm hoping I don't have to ! I'm on diazepam . Pregablin .amytriptyline . Codeine . Duluxotine . Solifinacine and more at quite high doses . My daughter has to help with everything it's so heartbreaking and then I have all this stress aswell as other stuff going on . But thankyou for your advice ?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kelley1234   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

You mentioned your PIP forms and your mental health. Please if I can suggest are you receiving any support with your mental health. Do you have a support worker or a mental health team?

This is something to consider. Because they can help with what you are  going through right now.

I used mental health charities . Used this one if this helps you.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

They do take clientele with additional disabilities, conditions, illness .

Can help with forms, assessment attendance and anything else benefits. As well your mental health wellbeing.  You can self refer.

Might not be in all areas.

Please if we can be supportive or anything you wish to know please get in touch.  

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kelley1234. Welcome to the forums!

The contact number should be listed on your award letter. Notify DWP of any changes etc that could affect your claim. Do you have a letter that was sent with your renewal form or not?

If you are struggling, you can use this find a advisor tool (the link is below) to see if there are any local benefits advisors who can help, or ring Citizen’s Advice helpline number listed on their contact details page to talk with a benefits advisor. You don’t have to fill out the form by yourself. Make sure to send it via secure recorded post in case (see my brief explanation at the bottom for more details). 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/
    https://advicefinder.turn2us.org.uk/
    https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/42622/pip-renewal-form 

Make a photocopy of the form.

What type of renewal form did you receive in the post? If it is the PIP2 one, you will need to send supplementary evidence with the claim form via secure recorded delivery. Gather photocopies of letters etc. 
  • kelley1234
    Thankyou all for your advice . It was the pip renewal just to check if things are more difficult or stay the same or easier for me . I get standard rate living and standard rate mobility at the moment . I've sent off and tried to fill the form out as best I could . I was also placed in the support group of ESA after my assesment after my surgery 9 months ago ! I have now had another ESA form to fill in too. Just can't understand why they keep putting me through assessment after assessment when there's no change . This causes my anxiety and depression to go through the roof and as far as my doctors concerned on my mental health is there's no help out there so just keep taking pills and stay in bed ? what a life not so easy at all . I've had enough of it now the money they waste on assessment is rediculas when they can see by my medical records I'm unwell physically and mentally ??
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kelley1234, it sounds like things have been really difficult for you, I'm sorry to hear this. How are you doing today? :)
    Scope

• kelley1234
    Hi Chloe thanks for asking ? I got a letter yesterday for another face to face for my ESA . Can't understand when nothing has changed in 9 months . Ive spent today in bed as I am dreading this . I also asked them for an afternoon appointment and they have gave me a morning one . Do you think they even bother read what we send or request ? I can't get there that early I'm on medication that's makes me sleep in the morning and they know this . Im now expecting another face to face assesment for my pip review even though they told me they can do them on paper !! I just can't cope without this money and all the stress . I worked before I got unwell and I had to keep calling in sick . That causes anxiety alone . If I could work I would . Who wants to be in pain and lay in bed with depression all day .no one ! It's not helping I lost my dad in February who had the same kind of problem s with he's legs like me . He was only 63 and lived with me so I'm obviously greiving too . I just don't know where to turn . My doctors don't seem to be bothered as long as I keep taking medication they think I'm ok xx
  • kelley1234
    Plus I filled in the forms probably wrong . Not up to the standards everyone talks about on theses sights . I just wrote what I'm like in the questions but I thought they seem all my medical letters before .when your unwell who an earth can fill in theses forms worded in a way so you pass ? I know I can't ?
  • poppy123456
    If the appointment date/time is not suitable for you then you can ring the number on the letter and change it but do be aware you can only do this once. Sometimes first appointments are automatically generated by a computer which is most likely what happened here and why you were given an early morning appointment instead of an afternoon one.

Yes assessments can be paper based but it's very rare for anyone not to have a face to face assessment, for ESA and PIP. Most people have them.

Sadly even though you were only assessed 9 months ago for ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

Good luck with both assessments.
  • kelley1234
    Thankyou poppy I'll call them and ask if they can change my time x
  • kelley1234
    If I don't pass theses assesments I don't know what I'm going to do ? This is the first time I've spoken to a forum before . I know you have to ask for s mandatory consideration .but what do we do about money and out rent ? How do people cope ?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. The best thing to do is try to concentrate on the ESA assessment first and try not to think about the worst that could happen. Easier said than done i know because i worry myself during these times but it doesn't help us by constantly worrying. Try to keep your mind busy doing other things so you don't think about it.

If the worst does happen then post back here and someone will help you. To put your mind at rest your housing benefit will continue because it can be paid through nil income.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Plus I filled in the forms probably wrong . ...l who an earth can fill in theses forms worded in a way so you pass ? I know I can't ?
    @kelley1234 - For PIP I don't think that there is any particular wording required but what is important is that you tell them about how your condition affects you carry out day to day tasks.

Have a look at the descriptors - they're available online - and make sure that you tell them which you can't do, and which you need help or assistance with. Use your own words - there's no 'magic' formula...

Don't know anything about ESA sorry....

Good luck ...
  • kelley1234
    Thankyou all ☺️
  • kelley1234
    Hello just thought I'd update . Pip received my review form and I received a phone call today asking me to go for an assessment . I was in bed when they called as I'm suffering a flare up .I asked why as I have sent all the evidence I have and my prescription list ?the reply to me was we need to ask you a couple of questions ? I won't be having an examination ! I asked why I can't answer over the phone but she said no we need to see you ! Oh well another assesment I don't know what to do as I have gave them everything I have medically . My anxiety has gone high and I'm on more valium now ☹️ causing me stress ??
  • kelley1234
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, most people have to attend another face to face assessment even for a review. Paper based assessments are very rare.

I'd advise you to take someone with you if you can and this will hopefully help with the stress these assessments cause.
  • kelley1234
    Hi poppy thankyou for replying I have my pip assessment on 31st October and an ESA assessment on the 1st of November . I'm so stressed as I don't have any new medical evidence since my last assessment . My son is going to come with me . I just think why if they just need a couple of questions answered ? I'm so stressed I was taking into hospital 3 weeks ago with an anxiety attack I just don't know how I'm going to cope. ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.