LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

millierex
millierex Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)

Please can I have some help for the questions about universal credit work capability  that I will write at the bottom of this, thank you I am very confused.

Here is my information: 

• I re-applied for UC on the 11th of September after cancelling my claim due to wrong advice from jobcentre 
  • the job centre messed up my claim so they backdated my claim to august. 
  • My claim was fully submitted and backdated to the 12th Of  August 2018
  • My first payment was the 18th of September 2018
  • I started handing in fit notes as I am unable to work
  • 7th Of November , I got a letter including forms for the limited capability for work assessment 
  • I sent in these forms 1/2 weeks after the 7th 
  • I had my work capability assessment on the 20th of December 
  • Today (3rd of January 2019) I got a letter saying I have a limited capability for work related activity and will be paid an extra £328 each month
  • The letter said that i will get another letter notifying me of any backpayment if I am due it.

My questions: 

• I read about a 3 month waiting time, does this mean I have to wait another 3 months (until April) to receive my additional money.
  • Roughly when will I receive the extra money( my payment dates are the 18th of each month)
  • What is the backpayment talking about?

Thank you for any help I am finding this confusing and not understand when the waiting period is for

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The extra money for LCWRA isn't paid for the first 3 months of your claim starting from when you handed in your first sick note, this is called the "waiting period". This means that the LCWRA is paid from the 4th month of your claim. There's only backdated money if the decision for LCWRA came after the waiting period. As it's not clear by your post when you handed in the sick note, i'm unable to answer your question as to exactly when you'll be paid this extra amount. Just count 4 months from when you handed in the sick note.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • millierex
    Hi,

The extra money for LCWRA isn't paid for the first 3 months of your claim starting from when you handed in your first sick note, this is called the "waiting period". This means that the LCWRA is paid from the 4th month of your claim. There's only backdated money if the decision for LCWRA came after the waiting period. As it's not clear by your post when you handed in the sick note, i'm unable to answer your question as to exactly when you'll be paid this extra amount. Just count 4 months from when you handed in the sick note.

Thank you that is helpful
    i have checked and I handed in my first sick note on the 10th of October 2018

• poppy123456
    Then there's no backdated money to be paid to you. Your extra money should start from 10th February.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • millierex
    Update: I got a backpayment of over £1000
  • laurenxs
    laurenxs Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Hi, i know this is quite an old post but i can't seem to see anyone else in the same situation as me! My situation is almost identical to yours except my UC was backdated a month due to my illness. I'm trying to figure out when my payment will be backdated to - did your letter state your backpayment was backdated to 3 months from August or 3 months from October (when you handed in your sick note)? In the exact same situation right now!
  • laurenxs
    laurenxs Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Sorry i didnt clarify but i am getting LCWRA but dont know when it will be backdated to*
  • Canovan1995
    Canovan1995 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi im just a bit confused iv been waiting 93days for my lcwra payment they have now turned around and said i wont be getting it till tje 5th november wich by then will have waited 129days will it get backdated 
  • poppy123456
    Hi im just a bit confused iv been waiting 93days for my lcwra payment they have now turned around and said i wont be getting it till tje 5th november wich by then will have waited 129days will it get backdated 
    It will depend on when you sent in your first fit note and when your assessment period is. There's 3 month waiting period but it's not paid until your 4th full assessment period.
  • Canovan1995
    I handed my first sick note in 9th july 
  • poppy123456
    when is your assessment period?
  • Canovan1995
    This relevant period ends on 28th September- this is the assessment period 29th August- 28th September.
  • Canovan1995
    od ends on 28th September-
     this is the assessment period 29th 
    August- 28th September
  • Canovan1995
    29th agust till the 29th september
  • poppy123456
    You'll receive the LCWRA in Novembers payment and no you won't receive any backdated money because UC is paid in arrears and there's a 3 month waiting period. This means you receive it in the 4th month.
  • Canovan1995
    I got accepted on the 29th jun 
  • Canovan1995
    Iv been waiting longer then 3months 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2019
    I handed my first sick note in 9th july 
    You handed in your first sick note on this date here.
    The 4th full assessment period from that date is November. UC is paid in arrears which means receiving your first LCWRA payment in November is correct.
  • Canovan1995
    But it ended on the 28th sep in novemeber i will have waited 129day but if waited mpre then 93 it says online it will be backdated 
  • poppy123456
    I'm afraid you're not correct because you're misunderstanding it. UC is paid in arrears, therefore you'll receive your first LCWRA payment on 5th November.
  • Canovan1995
    I fort it was i have to wait 91 days before your first payment from the day i gpt accepted for lcwra 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.