PIP very worried need advice please - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP very worried need advice please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    I did read everything, as i always do before giving advice. Have you contacted the police?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Carla35
    Carla35 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Yes, I contacted the police but they were not allowed to tell me any details. The time I leave the house varies when I am able to walk my little dog & there is no car outside when I leave, then within minutes it’s pulled up just ahead of me. Just really worried as I live alone. Thanks x
  • poppy123456
    What do you mean they are not allowed to tell you any details? Are you saying they know you're being followed?

I honestly can't see that it would be anything to do with DWP. I know someone personally that was charged with benefit fraud, DWP had video footage and photos as evidence but the person didn't even know they were being followed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Carla35
    The police said the car belonged to someone who lived not far away from me but could not give me any details. This is now a different car but their behaviour is the same. If it is DWP there is nothing for them to really video. I am unable to cut my own lawn. My shopping is delivered as I can’t carry so all I do is walk my little dog & thats not even daily. It’s making me feel so unwell. I haven’t reported this new car incase the police think I am being paranoid, as living alone but I am not x
  • poppy123456
    Could be a neighbour parking their car, which is why the police can't give you any details.
  • Carla35
    No its not my neigbours I know them all & there are just a couple of houses x
  • AndrewM
    AndrewM Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    The police will not believe you are paranoid. You see what you see and they have a duty to investigate if someone is making you feel unsafe in your home. Having said that, they are unlikely to treat it with the highest of priorities but should, at the very least, send round a PCSO to have a chat and maybe observe your concerns.

Someone filming you is not totally unlikely although I doubt very much it is the DWP. I know of a number of cases where disgruntled people film someone claiming benefits to show to the DWP - is there a chance someone could be doing this?

Most likely case is the cars that are parking up are coincidental, particularly if they are local cars. Maybe this is a convenient place to pull up and use a mobile phone? Whatever the case, you are not doing anything wrong and worrying is only likely to make things worse, particularly your health.

Do you have a mobile phone? if so, why not take a video of what you see and show this to a PCSO? It is worrying enough if you believe you are being followed, but even more so if you feel you are not being believed.
  • Carla35
    Hi Andrew, It’ s all very odd & I just can’t relax. Thanks, I will video it the next time it happens & then ask a PCSO to call. I didn’t think of someone filming me to report me to the DWP! Gosh I didn’t know that happened x
  • Carla35
    Hi all, 
    I am so upset & so worried I feel really unwell. I called around to see all my neighbours yesterday evening, to ask them all if they had noticed a car parking up. Where I live there is no parking allowed, there are double yellows. There are only 6 houses & we are all  
    spread out. We all have drives, so when a car parks up it stands out. I explained all thats been happening since July, that I was ever so worried & going to report it again to the police, this time with a video clip. The neighbour living on the opposite side to me, told me in no uncertain terms, she had reported me to the DWP back in March (  I was admitted to Hospital in March due to my heart) & said hopefully it was them watching me! She said she had received my mail by mistake, opened it by accident & discovered I was in receipt of Pip. She informed the DWP that I appeared to walk briskly past her house & seemed fit for work! I told her if she had followed me around the corner she would have seen me stopping, using my heart spray & pump before walking my little dog. Also, I am so unwell, that some days my next door neighbour walks my little dog. I am a very private person but felt obliged to list my health conditions & their severity to prove I was not a fraud. She then calmed down, apologised, saying she did not realise how unwell I was but felt angry that she had to go to work while most people abused the system.I can’t believe anyone can be so malicious. When she had visitors staying over last Xmas, I even told them they could  park in my drive. I am so worried. I don’t know whats going to happen. What do I do? I received my Pip payment last week is that a good sign? Thanks x
  • tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    Carla35 said:
    Hi all, 
    I am so upset & so worried I feel really unwell. I called around to see all my neighbours yesterday evening, to ask them all if they had noticed a car parking up. Where I live there is no parking allowed, there are double yellows. There are only 6 houses & we are all  
    spread out. We all have drives, so when a car parks up it stands out. I explained all thats been happening since July, that I was ever so worried & going to report it again to the police, this time with a video clip. The neighbour living on the opposite side to me, told me in no uncertain terms, she had reported me to the DWP back in March (  I was admitted to Hospital in March due to my heart) & said hopefully it was them watching me! She said she had received my mail by mistake, opened it by accident & discovered I was in receipt of Pip. She informed the DWP that I appeared to walk briskly past her house & seemed fit for work! I told her if she had followed me around the corner she would have seen me stopping, using my heart spray & pump before walking my little dog. Also, I am so unwell, that some days my next door neighbour walks my little dog. I am a very private person but felt obliged to list my health conditions & their severity to prove I was not a fraud. She then calmed down, apologised, saying she did not realise how unwell I was but felt angry that she had to go to work while most people abused the system.I can’t believe anyone can be so malicious. When she had visitors staying over last Xmas, I even told them they could  park in my drive. I am so worried. I don’t know whats going to happen. What do I do? I received my Pip payment last week is that a good sign? Thanks x
    She said never of open your mail it's a against the law I hate it when people do this everybody disability effects people in different ways with my mental health that person sounds like a nosey neibour 
  • tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    I.wouldnt worry as dwp cant just stop your pip if u have mental.proof 
  • poppy123456
    I think your neighbour is very brave indeed to admit that they reported you. I hope you told them that PIP isn't about not being able to work! I also hope you told them that to be entitled to PIP the conditions don't have to affect you ALL the time. It's how you're affected at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period. People should mind their own business instead of prying into other people's lives.

Opening someone else's mail is against the law also but you won't have any proof they did this. If you reported them to the police for doing that they could potentially deny doing it.

If it is DWP watching you, although you're only assuming it's them watching you and they do contact you for a compliance interview, you'll need to get some face to face advice.

If you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about , i know that's easier said than done.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Carla35 I would try not to worry, like others have said if you have done nothing wrong you've nothing to worry about. You could contact DWP and let them know you are aware that your neighbour has reported you and they may be able to put your mind at rest about being followed. That might be easier than not knowing what is going on, take back the control. 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    @Carla35, I'm sorry this is still happening and I imagine it was upsetting to hear a neighbour had reported you. If you ever are feeling unsafe then please do not hesitate to call the police.
    Scope

• Carla35
    Thank you all for replying. All this needless worry and stress. People assume so much without knowing the facts & seem to think everyone claiming benefits is a fraud. All down to the media! They also don’t understand how hard it is to claim the benefit in the first place x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you're able to relax this weekend @Carla35, we understand how hard it is to claim and that you haven't done anything wrong.
    Scope

• Carla35
    Thanks Chloe x
  • Carla35
    Hi everyone,
    My home is still being watched & I have reported it again to the police. It appears to be on going. I have not been well enough to go out with my little dog since I last posted. I have also had to cancel 2 Hospital appts as I have not been well enough to travel. I have received nothing from the DWP as yet. I have looked online & can find nothing in regard to how long they can continue to watch/follow me. I have my GP ringing later as I have not been sleeping & really suffering with stress & anxiety, worrying about the DWP calling me for a compliance interview. I have to write lists of questions to ask my consultants at appointments as I forget things & can loose my train of thought in conversations. When having questions fired at me I know I won’t be able to cope x
  • Carla35
    Also, I am worrying if the DWP decide to take me to court, (even though I know I will be found not guilty as I have done nothing wrong) online it states the DWP can still insist you repay them, even if you are found not guilty. How can this be right? X
  • AndrewM
    AndrewM Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Carla, you need sound advice from welfare rights / CAB as you are making your condition worse by hiding at home and avoiding going out. Please ring CAB and discuss your situation with them. As an outsider looking in, you have done nothing wrong, you are not guilty of anything which would result in being taken to court but you have been worrying about this for 3 months now so you need someone who can look at your individual situation and give you correct advice.

Please contact CAB on 0344 411 1444. They will look at your situation and advise accordingly to help you get your life back on track.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.