PIP very worried need advice please - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP very worried need advice please

13»

Comments

• Carla35
    Carla35 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    I will ring them now. Thanks Andrew M x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    It can very often take a very long time to get through to anyone from CAB. If this happens then put your postcode into this link and it will tell you what other advice agency is local to ring. Then you can ring them. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Carla35 so sorry to hear that this is still ongoing. Can you get someone to call the DWP on your behalf? It's awful that you have this worry hanging over your head. What did the police say when you reported it again? I hope you have some friends to support you. 

• Carla35
    Hi, 
    I have spoken with a lovely advisor at CAB & they suggested I write a letter of complaint to the DWP. Unsure though as I do not want to fan the flames so to speak. They did say also to contact them for support/advice if I receive a letter for a compliance interview. Police are not that helpful, maybe they know the cars involved belong to the DWP & not allowed to tell me x
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @carla35 - personally I do not believe that it is the DWP - if they were carrying out surveillance they wouldn't do it over such a lengthy period, nor use a car that is registered to a local address.

As you say the police won't be able to give you the keeper details for the car but it does sound like it's one of your neighbours...
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Carla35, how are you doing at the moment?
    Scope

• Carla35
    Thank you so much Mikehughescq. 

I am sorry I am so late in replying to you. I have been really unwell & then had a severe angina attack. I am now on increased medications.

I will follow your advice & note down all the details every time I go out, which is never daily. I always use my spray & pump, when walking, although the DWP probably will not have filmed me using these. 

It is always the same route I walk my little dog, which is just around the block so to speak & the neighbour who reported me must have informed them of this.

The DWP continue to watch my home & last night, the 2nd time in a week that I went out with my little dog, they were parked on the pavement waiting for me to arrive home, then drove off as I approached my drive.

Due to other health problems,I have never walked my little dog more than 3 times in any week, my neighbour does it for me.I do not know why they continue to watch me. 

This is making me very unwell & afraid of what they may do. It stated online, if they try to prosecute, despite a judge finding you not guilty of fraud, the DWP can still demand a repayment & go back over many years so you owe them many thousands of pounds.I would have to sell my home.

I never put on my application I couldn’t walk. I said I had pain, severe discomfort & was breathless before 20 meters & had to use my meds before I continued. 

My Angina is far worse now than when I applied for PIP & heart tests I had recently, have discovered another problem with my heart & I have to have another angiogram & possible heart surgery. 

I rang CAB, then I rang Welfare rights & asked if they would look over my PIP application just to put my mind at rest but they said they do not do this x
  • Carla35
    Hi Chloe-scope,
    I have not been too good & still so very worried. Thank you for asking x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.