New to Forum - Australian — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to Forum - Australian

MBBoys
MBBoys Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Hi, I from Australia and have 3 sons, a 15 year old singleton (the eldest) and identical twins (12 years). One on my twins has autism and is non-verbal. Recently my cousin, who is an obstetrician, told me about the most wonderful podcast, presented by two mums (from Melbourne). Both mums have twins (& singletons as well) & both sets of twins have special needs. I can honestly say listening to these beautiful women has been one of the best things to happen since my twins were born. Having a child with a disability completely turns your life upside down and it is never the same again. Listening to this podcast is amazing, finally I have found others that get my life and understand. I no longer feel so isolated and unseen. While many of the topics they discuss can leave you in tears, they will also have you laughing out loud. It is not just for twin mums, people without kids, health and childcare workers, friends & family of people who have children with a disability, siblings of people with a disability, young people - it has something for everyone. You can't listen to these two women and not come away a more caring, thoughtful and kinder person. Liz

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MBBoys and welcome to the community! It's great to hear you've found a fantastic support network! How are you doing today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • MBBoys
    Thank you for your welcome - I am fine thank you. Have had to have follow scans today after a routine mammogram - looks like it is most probably not cancer. I managed to listen to an episode of Too Peas In A Podcast while waiting to be called in for my ultrasound & that gave me a few laughs.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I am also a twin mom (one boy one girl) .That has it's own unique challenges @MBBoys
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MBBoys
    My sister lives in Australia in Sydney, I have visited once and would love to go again. I love a podcast, I will have a listen.
    Good luck with your ultrasound :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • MBBoys
    I'll just explain my profile picture. It one of my twins, Sam. He is non-verbal (though 'talks' constantly with gestures and other forms of communication) taking a photo of a church - his special interest (including the church organ and church bells) at the time.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MBBoys and thank you for sharing this with us. I hope your ultrasound goes well and I look forward to seeing you around. :)
    Scope

Brightness