long term unemployed through illness - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

long term unemployed through illness

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zakblood, I'm so glad that it went well, and that they were so welcoming! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Scope

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    thanks, waiting now for the check in the post from the DWP has had no money off them since April and a letter offering my a job, would except both on the same day, or either tbh, money's nice, but telling the DWP to get stuffed will be so much better, being forced back into work, when one side says your not ready for it atm and telling you it will be 2 to 3 years of physio to get the muscles back to normal, strong enough to hold the spine correctly, and the DWP who say's other wise, but hoping to leave the DWP once and for good and will do my best in the market place and work, holding my head up high and also 2 fingers every time i pay my way in future 
  • zakblood
    today had some good to great news, no not the check, back dated to April, so still poor in money but smug in the ways of the DWP now is starting to unravel before my ever eyes, and no letter offer me the job as yet lol.

the Independent case examiner is willing to take on my case, as now with the stage 2 tier 2 reply from the assessment center done.

stage 2 tier 2 reply from the Center for Health and Disability Assessment has agreed there is enough proof on my submitted report to over turn and say sorry for 4 findings, but yes they still are agreeing to the 0 score, which isn't my point of going ahead, it's the clear and simple 6 points which now have been proven are false and wrong she the nurse made in a so called factual report, making her the nurse somewhat of a well, can't sat a fiction writer as yet, but enough to cast more than a dark shadow on her ability to understand well anything tbh.

but best news was the letter from the Nursing and Midwifery council who have stated now in writing there is more than enough evidence to take the nurse to the next level of investigation regarding her lack of well fitness to practise, which if found against her will mean either retraining at best, or restricting the right to practise from there governing body at worse.

a freedom of information request on a given person brings up all kinds of information, most useful and most helpful.

this isn't about the points scored or lack of any tbh, i'm well beyond the point of even caring to still be in the system any longer, this is now about truth and the ability of so called professionals to lie and get away with it, without anything happening, sorry young lady you met and lied about the wrong man, iv'e not only now proven beyond any fact 4 of my points, which brings into question my other 2 points and enough now to hopefully end your right to practice hopefully, i never wanted this, and never meant it to happen, but if you lie often enough and put out a report full or lies and error's and in the end call it factual, one day you will meet someone like me, who will take you and bring you down or make it so hard, you will be proven in a court of law to be not so professional that you have made out to be or think so smugly you are,...

• zakblood
    edited October 2019
    update, well now 6 months of job hunting behind me,
    well so far,

nothing, 20 odd phone interviews, 20 plus face to face interviews, been advised to alter my CV, far too honest, so done it, still no luck, was advised not to dwell too much on the past, eg not working etc, so done that, then fell over on the reference part and or the fact most now ask for reasons for the gap in your work history, so in the end, put back in the same stuff, was told to take out, lol, now that didn't make any sense to me, don't be honest, and when asked to be honest, you are, and then still penalized for it.

plenty of interviews, but no offers of a job,

seems the last missing 20 years of work history and references being out of date, doesn't help, add into the fact that i my age, nearly all of my qualifications don't equate to diddly squat as none transfer as too old, seems my driving licence is fine and apart from that, nothing else,....

so again stuck in a time warp, job center don't want to know, seems unfit to work, but found fit to work but not well enough in there eyes either to spend the time or effort helping, means again i'm on my own.

so the roundabout, keeps going round, the days track into months, and still even with a tribunal taking on the case, i still haven't had a penny since April, and as the tribunal took on the case on the 26th of June, seems i may get something when i'm dead and buried and snowed up in debt, not that they care less either, as last time i did the tribunal, quick to take away, and slow to give back, and never say sorry for the loss, or stress or anything that a normal human being would do and say.

so i keep plugging away, next interview is on the 31st, and will imo go the same way as all the rest, thanks, but no thanks, taking the lowest skilled jobs and still failing at even getting one, is starting to even wear me down, either i'm too old, been out of work too long, the wrong sex or colour or don't speak the correct language even, yes i've had it all.

the work forces is mainly younger, so you may not fit in, or find it hard to adjust.

the work force is all female, so you may not fit in, we're not saying caring is mostly a female job, but we don't have a male on staff atm, so you may find it hard, or to find a partner to learn with being the only male on staff.

the work force is mainly african or asian females, again you may find it hard to fit in,...

the work force is all polish and spanish / italian speaking, so you may not fit in or have the ability to communicate with your colleges, "never mind all the clients your looking after are English speaking" so yes my mind bogles!

so having a gap in your work history goes against you.
    having no work references either alive or still even knowing you, goes against you.
    being ill but now found to be fit, goes against you.

so being a white male, aged 52 who's been out of work for 20 years isn't going to be easy finding a job, never in a million years thought it was tbh, but this is beyond a joke, nobody seems to even want to give me a try, well when i say none, there was one, but my alarm bells rang so much, i turned them down right after they said i can start this afternoon and when i explained i've never done the work before and learning on the job on my own, wasn't what i'd hoped for as training etc, i quickly put the phone down and ran,...
  • zakblood
    i'm i put off, or bothered?

nope, i have more skills to offer with age and experience than any 16 to 20 years old, but as there cheaper, i can't compete.

been told your age is a bonus, as it means most of the time you will be reliable, sadly something i'm told the younger ones now days on the whole aren't, and still didn't get the job.

been on interviews that lasted 2 and a half hours ,when others i've spoke to were in their less than 30 mins, and yes, still didn't get a offer.

i'm not daft, i know 99% of all jobs go before the interview stage, as either internal,. or a friend of a friend recommends them, and most of the time without even a interview they walk straight in, again i'm ok with that.

been told to get more experience, odd that, they don't want to pay me, but don't me doing 6 months volunteer for free.

been there done that, and while i got the tshirt, in the end it didn't lead either to a job, just looks good on someone's CV.

well mind looks great, or so i'm told, so why no job offers?

age and lack of the last 20 years, plain and simple and why would anyone wish to hire my age, when there's how many younger out of work?

i rest my case for the defence my lords and ladies,....

lol
  • zakblood
    phoned the DWP today and asked why it is taken so long to get some money, any money, and was told they txted and sent a letter in June stating they can't pay me anything until they receive a sick note, since i haven't had the txt, or a letter, i told them the same, as wondered why it's taken me to phone them as ask why, to be told again, isn't there a system in place to flag items up that aren't replied to? the answer you know already, NO!

so again and again the owness is on you, the claimant to do the running around and the work for them, only to be told, it's lost in the post, or txt not received isn't our fault, well it's sure isn't mine either, just sent them a copy of the 14 txts they have sent, timed and dated, so while i have a copy of all received, they can't prove it either way, they have even sent me one lol, or letter, funny how the ones you don't want you get, but the ones you're waiting for get lost, yes very funny ha ha.

so a quick run down to the doctors, and 30 mins later, a fit note backdated, well after a appointment next monday as my docs away on hols, so a new one will see me, so will update monday
  • zakblood
    questions asked, why not at least send me the default min £72 that's mentioned in the letter i did receive? 

no answer, what about a 2nd or 3rd attempt at contact me by other means?

again no answer,

the person on the phone only reads off a screen and doesn't react like a person, only a robot, i can't answer that, i'm just a call center, bla bla bla, but your the eyes and ears of the DWP, your on there phone line, but you know nothing?

again answered by noise in the background, but no comments, so again you see how helpful the DWP own help lines are,

not at all.

so again, nothing, no money and more waiting while i get what they need, which i haven't been informed about, i have a letter stating one thing, which they can't or won't answer, it's dated? but a long pause and no answer, so seems they want information from a letter i didn't get and a txt that was never sent, and will wait for a reply that never comes, for ever and a day, great

really helpful, thanks Amber Crudd

added a C as that's what you were while you last had a job, lets hope you don't also get another!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    @zakblood, have you thought about doing some volunteer work at least to get you back into the swing of things?
    Obviously you're not having any luck on the job front at the moment and you mention that your recent work history might be one of the issues. I'm just curious as to whether that would appeal or if you think it would help you in any way?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    i've been a volunteer for the last 20 years, swimming clubs, swimming teach, coach etc in my spare time, then school swimming, school governor etc etc, you name it, i've done it, and as of yet, none of it has improved or made better my chances into paid work, looks good and free labour for someone is all well and good, but at my age, it hasn't so far improved my chances one bit, yes still going down the appeal front, just to put a nail in that coffin tbh.

but atm if nothing happens at all before christmas, as that's when my saving will be all gone, hopefully my sick note will have kicked in and then some backdated benefits will be claimed and arrived and then hopefully that will at least keep my head above water for another 6 months or so, so will them be more able to make some more choices on what direction to then go in, with at least no threat of being in debt hopefully, so will be open then to anything on offer almost anywhere.

atm not gone for any driving jobs or shop work, but if it gets me into work, after xmas it's anything goes and will apply for anything tbh, thanks for the reply btw : it's always nice to know someone's listening and at least cares or means well,...
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @zakblood, I just wanted to check in to see how you were doing? :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    fine thanks for asking, still alive and kicking, more to the DWP tries to keep me down, atm, they send a letter saying there paying me, then after 2 months delay when i phone and ask where is it, they say they are awaiting a 2nd letter reply, which still i haven't received for a sick / fit note, my first one asked for in 20 years, yes i can't make it up, one letter received saying i'll be paid back pay in the next 12 to 13 weeks, then 2 months later when nothing arrives, and no letter or txt, which they say they have sent, funny how everything else i received but those 2, but that's another story, so back to the doctor for one, which will be tomorrow, so fine thanks and hope you are all ok as well, and thanks for asking.

i'll be happier when this is all over, either at tribunal or when or if i ever get a job i keep applying for etc, as never wish to go through so many hoops again ever in my life, for so little and tbh for what everyone is entitled to, won't be sad to see the back of the DWP that's for sure, over 20 odd years, i've seen it go from a very helpful and caring service to what we have left now, pss me on and careless and phone helplines that states we are only reading off a list, we don't know, so ask only to be told, we don't know either and pass you on and on, seems the system is now made so hard, only the hardest of people wish to go the full distance when anything goes wrong, and nobody hardly there to help and support other than yourselves, such a shame as it did used to work and work well for the vast majority of it's users, but now the systems not at breaking point, it's broken
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @zakblood, thank you for updating us. It still sounds like you have a lot going on. How did the doctors appointment go?
    Scope

• zakblood
    doctor was great, he looked at my history, as he was a locum so never seem me before, and when i asked about my last physio appointment in which the nurse said i had a all clear back in 2014 and then again in 2016 with xrays and MRI both coming back clear and why hadn't my GP told me? he stated that's maybe because there is nothing saying that in your notes from either scan, so she wouldn't know, which again one nurse says one thing, and the doctors say another, so as yet, until i get my results back from the NHS as so far after 3 requests, i have 1999 to 2013 now 3 times on CD format and once in paper format, not sure they can understand and or read English, as printed it quite clearly that thanks for the 1999 to 2013 information, but can i now have a follow on and get 2013 to the present day, which so far has failed twice, no idea why they don't wish to provide what is asked for, so the locum back dated my sick note / fit note from April to Xmas of this year and said i can get another one in the new year until your tribunal date no problem, so have a nice day and shook my hand, so took than to the job center and handed it in, they photocopied it and added it to my account and told me to phone in 3 to 5 working days to see if it's been received and then ask how long now to wait until i'm paid the back dated amount, which will be next week for the phone call, so now i just have to wait, then again since april the 15th this year, that's all iv'e been doing, no money, but 20 plus job interviews off my own back and countless phone ones, all logged and saved, just in case i lose lol, at least i'll be able to prove i've at least been trying, as the jobcentre work coach still says i'm not fit for work, so wouldn't take me on anyway lol, so it's go it alone time again for me,...

story of my life tbh
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @zakblood, I am glad the doctor was so helpful! It sounds like they were really supportive. You certainly have been trying and I am sure this will show. I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    thanks, went to me parents Van at the coast, cold and damp, but enjoyed it all the same ty, hope you had a great weekend, and enjoyed the days off, and yes i'm always trying, worked hard for 20 years, then volunteered for another 20 years while off, and now just sitting back and waiting for a job offer, it will come, same as the back dated money the DWP owes, with time, it will come, same as a job, i can wait
  • zakblood
    did everyone know you can send sick / fit notes online? as i sure didn't lol

https://www.gov.uk/send-fit-note

scanned or take a photo on your phone and upload it, then sit back and a few mins later, you get a txt back it's sorted, thanks
  • zakblood
    just had a phone call from the DWP, backdated money will be in the account on Friday, "hurray he shouts at last"

while it's not the full amount of £115 a week,. only the £72, she also stated if you win your case the whole lot will be returned and back dated and has sent it in writing as well, or is in the post anyway, so food shopping now then maybe even put the fire on later, steady on, steady on, not snowing yet :wink:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news they've finally sorted your backdated money @zakblood
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    yes now all i need is someone willing to give me a job after 30+ interviews and another one tomorrow
  • Chloe_Scope
    That's great news about the backdated money @zakblood! I hope your interview goes well tomorrow. :)
    Scope

Brightness