CA for first PIP after tribunal hearing - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CA for first PIP after tribunal hearing

2»

Comments

• lvlama
    lvlama Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    This we receive on UC online account today:
    Hello *******-- when you attend your work search review appointment on 18/10/2019 at 10:45 -- please can you take in the verification of the pip tribunal decision re - ****** so that the w/c con verify it on yours & ***** claim -- then I can proceed with completing your 'caring activity' to - do. Regards *****
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That looks positive @lvlama. Best of luck tomorrow and please let us know how you get on.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lvlama
    Thank you. I will! ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lvlama, I hope today goes well. :)
    Scope

• lvlama
    edited October 2019
    Hi all! @Chloe_Scope thank you.
    Actually we're a bit confused. My wife's interview should be through phone. This is stated on commitment at UC account. We send message yesterday, that my wife won't be able bring court decision, because of telephone interview, and anyway they should have their copy from the court in  husband's (my) file. And you know what?

Nobody have called yet.... Appointment should be at 10:45. And there is no messages on UC account. Any ideas ?
    Looks like they're more in shock and confusion than we are ???
  • lvlama
    And did I told you I love this forum?! I do! Very much! ??
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That is very confusing @lvlama!! Is there anyone you can call to clarify it is going ahead?

So glad to hear that, it's great having you here! :)
    Scope

• lvlama
    Update. This message arrived on UC:

Hi *****, 
    I have tried to ring you for your telephone appointment with me but haven't been able to get through.

(NB! All lines, mobile and land line was free all morning!)

I have however cancelled your appointment as you have moved into the no work elated requirements which means that you no longer have to attend any appointments with the jobcentre unless this changes. Regards

So, basically it is good news? Looks like they've accepted my wife's provided date of 20/09/18?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @lvlama. It's good news that they've recognised her as a carer and have correctly moved her into the no work group. But they haven't said anything about backdating the carer element or whether the date has been accepted, only that she's in the right group now and going forward. I'd recommend putting a note on your journal to your case manager (you do this by sending the message either under 'payments' or 'service issues') asking when you'll hear whether the carer element will be backdated and for confirmation as to when to. It wouldn't overly surprise me if they've not noticed the 2018 part and are only looking at it as a recent change. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lvlama
    Hi @Adrian_Scope!
    Thank you for advice. I will do it.
    I do understand, that it's doesn't mean anything yet regarding backdate. At the moment we are very happy, my wife don't have to worry about this interview! It's another win for us! One win at a time ?
    Every day become brighter in our house. Finally we'll be able concentrate on my recovery. Even if it's not possible physically, mentally we'll be much stronger. And it's important for family! We still need to rise 2 children. ♥️
  • Adrian_Scope
    I'm really glad things are looking much brighter for you all @lvlama. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.