Is there anything else I can claim while I wait? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there anything else I can claim while I wait?

auntysweets1975
auntysweets1975 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I dla was ending I started my pip claim on 1st July and got told yesterday that I did not get it I suffer from depression anxiety spina bifida osteoarthritis arthritis and fibromyalgia and I gave them everything I had to but I’ve not been going to see my doctors for past year due to every time I’m there it’s like ohh god it’s u again like plz hurry what’s wrong now attitude and sit back roll there eyes and hold there head up by there hand and by time I’ve left I’m always in tears I’m just wondering should I appeal as I did not get first letter so there sending another one out to me my last dla payment is on the 12th is there anything else I can claim while waiting x

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    welcome to the forum, someone with a lot more experience will be along to give more advice, i'm just saying hello and welcome
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @auntysweets1975 and a very warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you were not successful with the PIP claim. I appreciate how upsetting this can be. However, please do bare in mind that they are different benefits, claiming DLA does not mean you'd get PIP unfortunately.

Did you request a copy of the report? If not, you can ring up and do this. Having the report will allow you to see if the assessor has given an accurate account of your situation.

You have a month from the decision date to appeal, with the first stage being called a mandatory reconsideration. Here is information about the MR process. You have to list 2-3 examples of real life examples of you meeting the criteria.

If you want to see if you'd be able to claim other benefits, then here is the benefit checker.

If you need anymore information then please do let us know!
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. To add to the great advice from @Chloe_Scope, i'm afraid there isn't anything else you can claim in the meantime because PIP has replaced DLA.

Do be aware that if you claim any other benefits your DLA award ending could affect anything else you maybe claiming.

Having some understanding of the PIP descriptors certainly helps and this link will help with that. please do have a read.

As for your GP if it was me then i'd be looking for a different one.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    I dla was ending I started my pip claim on 1st July and got told yesterday that I did not get it I suffer from depression anxiety spina bifida osteoarthritis arthritis and fibromyalgia and I gave them everything I had to but I’ve not been going to see my doctors for past year due to every time I’m there it’s like ohh god it’s u again like plz hurry what’s wrong now attitude and sit back roll there eyes and hold there head up by there hand and by time I’ve left I’m always in tears I’m just wondering should I appeal as I did not get first letter so there sending another one out to me my last dla payment is on the 12th is there anything else I can claim while waiting x
    @auntysweets1975 Are you under a consultant rheumatologist? If so you should send in all copies of any letters received after your appointments. The consultants should be copying in patients on their letters to GPs.

• auntysweets1975
    Hi no my doctors will not send me anywhere like that I’ve not been doctor past year as they make that bad I’ve end up in tears on my way home so I’m just taking tablets over the counter at moment they just sit in there chair hold there head up with one hand roll there eyes at me and just say it fibromyalgia I fell 3 years ago I had to see my sister in law doctors and she checked me all over did everything and said if I was her patient I be going straight to the doctors then when I got to mine after getting notes back at my doctors I stood in front of her with my coat and boots on she told me to lift leg up move it a bit left right she said yr fine I was like I’m in pain she said no u are ok u can go 
  • auntysweets1975
    Well I only have 2 doctors surgeries where I live and there run by the same people same doctors 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this @auntysweets1975, you must be in so much pain. Is there not an alternative doctor within that practice that you could see to get a second opinion?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.