Surprise letter..... part 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Surprise letter..... part 2

poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
Hello everyone,

I thought i should post again regarding the surprise letter because i did start the other thread some weeks ago. Well. the postman arrived today with a letter from Scope telling me i had won the award for empowering others. This award is given for supporting and empowering disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members which has helped them progress their claims more confidently.

I have no idea what happens next but it says my volunteer manager will arrange a time to present me with the award very soon.

-cough- i honestly wasn't expecting to win this award because there's other Community Champions here too and we all deserve awards. I love advising others and spending my time helping as many people as possible, despite the difficult times i'm experiencing in my life right now.

I know there must be others that have received an award, infact i know of at least one person... you know who you are my dearest friend, are you going to reveal yourself? B)<3

Thank you scope and all the admins for this, it really does mean so much! Of course i'll continue to advise others, the best way i can. Smiling from ear to ear and you really have made my weekend!
I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    My very warmest congratulations, Poppy. You certainly deserve this special award for all you do. Reading about it makes me smile too.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @poppy123456

Wow, brilliant news, such a well deserved award.

You are a credit to our community.

-cough- about those two acceptance speeches, think you had better start composing.

@poppy123456 AKA as The Queen of Scope!

Best wishes
  • poppy123456
    chiarieds said:
    My very warmest congratulations, Poppy. You certainly deserve this special award for all you do. Reading about it makes me smile too.
    Thank you very much for those kind words :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @poppy123456

Wow, brilliant news, such a well deserved award.

You are a credit to our community.

-cough- about those two acceptance speeches, think you had better start composing.

@poppy123456 AKA as The Queen of Scope!

Best wishes
    Thank you very much, such kind words and much appreciated! Don't know so much about the "Queen of scope" -blushes-

As for the speech, i'm not so good with words in front of people, much better on the internet lol
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 well done! So pleased for you. You really deserve this. Lovely news x
  • chiarieds
    Well it's great to congratulate 2 people in one afternoon! Congratulations @Ami2301 -  thank you for sharing your news; well done.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @chiarieds! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Congratulations, very well deserved  both of you  :D:D

Lovely news 
    @poppy123456 and @ami
  • Ami2301
    Thank you @paffuto10! :)
  • poppy123456
    @Ami2301 thank you! I'm glad you finally spilled the beans because i would have, if you hadn't <3
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • poppy123456
    @chiarieds @paffuto10 thank you both, very much! :)
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Congratulations all, well done ! ???
  • paffuto10
    Congratulations also to
    @thespiceman :D

(I know he'll be around here somewhere)  :) 

Thankyou all for the endless support and advice you give to this community. Much appreciated xx

• Ami2301
    No doubt @thespiceman is shaking his tail feather along with Strictly!
  • paffuto10
  • chiarieds
    Congratulations @thespiceman so pleased you also got an award! I see how much you help on the forum so often as you know.

Brightness