Hi, my name is J56! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is J56!

J56
J56 Community member Posts: 10 Connected

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @J56 and welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • J56
    My names June I'm 55 married I have cmt type 2a I live near peterborough and have 5 chihuahuas who I love  also breed occasionally  I'm a family local historian which I'm passionate about and just recently got my local history from Oxford I'm peanently in a chair and my condition gives me hood and bad days
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @J56   :

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us, I must admit I have never heard of your condition, I had to read up on it, thank you for sharing with us. its very nice to know you have a passion for history, I visit oxford on occasions I love to walk around the university its amazing. I myself spend a lot of my time in a wheelchair so I know how that feels. 

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• J56
    Thank you lovelyto hear from you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @J56 - Welcome to the community & thank you for telling us about yourself. I also have neurological problems (Chiari 1 Malformation), & Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which affects everything else!
    Many here are pet lovers, & there's one thread where people discuss them, & share photos, so you might like to look there. I hope you enjoy looking around the forum, & join in the various chats.
    If you have any questions, or need advice, please say, as everyone here is very supportive.
  • J56
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    You're more than welcome to share a photo of your chihuahuas if you would like to :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Great to have you here @J56. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @J56 and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board and thank you for sharing with us.  You sound like a busy lady!  Your 5 chihuahuas sound lovely!  I bet they keep you busy!  I enjoyed reading about your passion for history as it sounds fascinating.  Have visited Oxford in the past and loved it!  I too use a wheelchair some of the time.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and meet some new friends along the way.  It is a great place for friendship and support so please feel free to look around and join in any of the discussions that you fancy.  I look forward to seeing you on the Community and reading more of your posts.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • J56
    Good morning everyone thank you for your kindness sorry don't get on here much but life can get a bit hectic mostly because my hubby job but we also had puppies and the last one went on Sunday I'm also suffering from tendinitis and so hard to type for long I joined as I don't have any friends in my area since I moved  here as I don't go out much when hubby at work I do use fb but  it's not the friendliest sometimes I do my family history slot of the time and hoping to write a book anyway have a lovely day all meet bertie Leo and louie my pups
  • J56
    delolah mum with bertie
  • J56
    tilly  Bournville with delilah
  • J56
    tia with her pips all gone now
  • J56
    this is China nan to the boys and mum to Bourn tilly and lilah we lost her in August so hence the painting I also have an older boy who is burns dad will get pic 
  • Ails
    They are all absolutely gorgeous @J56!  Do you breed puppies a lot?  I love their names!  The painting of China is lovely, so sorry to hear that you lost her.  You sound like a busy lady!  What kind of book are you writing?  Do you enjoy tracing your family history?  It always sounds so interesting.  You will meet lots of new friends on here as everyone is lovely!  Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics of your dogs.  :smiley:
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    OMG i'm in love <3
  • chiarieds
    Hi again @J56 - Thank you very much for sharing your lovely photos; they're adorable! Sorry about your little China, but what a beautiful painting of her.
    My son has a (usually) adorable little Bedlington terrier, who is fascinated by my kitten, & won't leave her alone. Today I was rather glad to hand him back....I look after him 2 or 3 days a week when both my son & his wife are working. They have a cat too, but today you'd think he'd never seen one before! She missed her afternoon 'catnap,' so is fast asleep beside me now.
    I look forward to seeing your other photo, or more!
  • Ails
    It would be lovely to see a photo of your kitten too, @chiarieds.  What is her name?  I have a cat too and am cat daft, lol!  :smiley:
  • chiarieds
    Hi J56 & Ails - Here's my son's dog, Stan, then my Shadow.:

• Ails
    Stan and Shadow are both gorgeous, thanks for sharing @chiarieds:smiley:

Brightness