Dent in Motability vehicle — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dent in Motability vehicle

Mjoko
Mjoko Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited November 2019 in Transport and travel
Hi,
So glad to be on this platform. 
Can someone pls advise me. 
I had my old car for 5years and just recently changed it two weeks ago. 
The car has a dent which was reported to the insurance. The dent happened over three years ago while it was parked. The insurance guy adviced that as long as it’s not affecting the vehicle, I don’t have to worry. 
I am now worried because I haven’t received any cheque from Motability after returning the car and getting my new one. 
Should I contact motability or the salesman?
Thank u

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    HI and welcome,

I'm very surprised RSA motability left that dent for 3 years. You need to contact motability because that dent maybe the reason why you haven't received the good condition bonus of £900.

It can also take up to 28 days to receive the bonus and you only returned your car 2 weeks ago.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mjoko
    Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I am grateful. 
    I will contact Motability and update you on the progress. 
    Thank you so much!! God bless you. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Mjoko! I really hope you are able to sort this quickly. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Jenny14
    Jenny14 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I had they had the same problem. It turned out i never got a cheque at all. very disappointing.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Welcome to the community @Jenny14, great to have you here!

That must have been so annoying for you!
    Scope

• Mjoko
    Thanks everyone!!! Just updating u. I got in touch with motability and they are willing to put in an appeal for me because the salesman should have checked the car and let me know what will happen if I don’t get the insurance company to do the repairs. He shouldn’t have done the handover without advising me on such issues. 
    They cannot guarantee the success of the appeal but I will know by next week. 
    I’m praying for good news?
  • Jenny14
    Jenny14 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    It was annoying. I waited a few weeks before i phoned them. They said it was Fords who complained about the dent. ( the dent was tiny. some one opened there car door and hit my car. ) Not my fault.Anyway they wouldn’t pay me. I was looking forward to a few bob  to spend. I shouldn’t have counted my chickens.
  • Mjoko
    Thank u so much for this information. It is annoying because I was actually hoping to pay my son back as he put down the deposit from his salary. When I contacted the salesman, he told me that it’s got nothing to do with him and that it was motability that told him to report everything tiny thing on the car. 
    I had the car for five years and I have a big wheelchair but he even reported the tiny scratches around the inside of the boot. I only just came out of hospital and he kept hurrying me up to come and get the car. I tried calling him again and he sent me a message that he was on holiday. Imagine, he went on holiday immediately after handing over the vehicle and putting me in a very awkward position. 
    Does anyone know if appeals are ever successful?  I am really upset. Thank you all. 
  • poppy123456
    @Mjoko I don't think it's the salesman to blame here. I don't understand why the dent was never repaired when it happened 3 years ago and it should never have been left that way because the car is no longer classed as good condition.

I have no idea whether your appeal will be successful but i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

@Mjoko      Taken from the Motability website   https://www.motability.co.uk/your-lease/car/good-condition-bonus/       When you hand back your car, your dealer will take a photo and brief description of the car's condition. We know that over the course of your lease your car may show signs of wear and tear including minor scratches, dents or damage caused by wheelchairs or other mobility aids. However, if your car shows no sign of serious damage, you could be eligible for the bonus. You may still be entitled even if you have made an insurance claim or have a car on a low mileage lease extension. 

Unless the damage was classed as serious it seems to me a bit extreme to withhold your bonus.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Mjoko
    Thank you all!!! Chatting with u all makes me feel a bit better. I just have to leave it all to God and hoping I will be entitled to something if not all. Thanks everyone!!!!  
  • poppy123456
    Without seeing any pictures regarding the size of the dent, then it's really impossible to give further advice.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Please do let us know how you get on @Mjoko. :)
    Scope

• Mjoko
    @ Poppy, I’m sorry I don’t have pictures. Didn’t take any pictures because I didn’t think I’ll have problems as it was reported and documented by the insurance company long ago. I even asked the salesman to forward me a copy of the report he sent but he has ignored my request. I am sure he took pictures but I don’t understand why he doesn’t want to share his report. 
    @ Chloe, I’ll let everyone know how the appeal goes. I’m just hoping they will take into consideration that it was reported and the fact that the salesman did not advise me on anything. Thank you all. God bless u
  • Mjoko
    Good morning everyone. Many thanks for your advise and prayers!!! 

This is to update you on the progress of my appeal. 

I am happy to tell you that the appeal was successful and I am so thankful to Motability for looking into my case again. 
    I called this morning and was told to expect the cheque within 21 days. 

Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    So glad to hear this @Mjoko!! Congratulations, you must be so relieved! :)
    Scope

• Mjoko
    @ Chloe, Thank u!!! I wish I could just stand from my wheelchair and dance!!! I am doing my imaginary dance in my heart ??????   
    Thank God I made the call last week!  God bless u all? 
  • poppy123456
    That's great news :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's brilliant @Mjoko
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness