Monday morning, raining again..... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Monday morning, raining again.....

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Hows everybody getting on in all these severe weather warnings they keep flashing up on my phone? Not too bad here, raining... talk of snow in places. And flooding. We have def had more than usual rain here because I've lived here 14 and a half years and never had fungi growing on the roof before! Hate November, always a miserable, dark month.

Comments

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    @Franstrahan   Hi.   Damp overcast and miserable here with temperature struggling to reach 5c. Going to get worse before it gets better, but at least no danger of flooding thank goodness.  Agree with you about November but I always think that February is the worst month for winter weather.  Not happy with the lack of daylight at this time of year either. 3pm and will be dark again soon.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Bettahm
    November and January my worse months. November adapting to being plunged into darkness, and January, dark still and colder. February kind of turns the corner for me a bit because you notice the light coming back.
    Weather I hate most is strong, cold winds.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    We live not too far away from the worst of the flooding, listening to local news all day it appears that there has been some looting as well, including a chapel of rest being looted
    Many of these areas were flood badly in 2007 and insurance companies wanted as much as £7.500 a year to insure them so many have no insurance.
    The good news is that a fund has been set up to raise money to help them and £50k was donated in 3 hours.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Bettahm
    I think the best part of England and Wales has a yellow alert for rain this Thursday  which must be terrible news for those in flood risk or already flooded areas.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Not too bad. We are in Surrey. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    went out yesterday...to cinema..saw Joker...what a depressing film!

Came out to torrential rain.. carer put my cape and apron waterproofs on me......couldn't fasten them as the wind took them..and my fur hat..over my head...couldn't see where I was steering...carer laughed her head off......horrible weather! Yes, Mrs Bucket came to mind!!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    The weather has been horrible!! For once, it isn't raining where I am. I hope you all have a dry day too!
    Scope

• Bettahm
    It's not raining here! First dry day in living memory. Weather reports keep flashing up on my phone though, a lot of England and Wales has a yellow alert for rain tomorrow, with it actually starting in the West Country later this evening.
    Love that part of the world. Grandparents lived in Plymouth so spent a lot of time in Devon and Cornwall up to 1987.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Still not raining here @Franstrahan! Very happy about that one! I hope those with weather warnings are okay, I know some areas of the country are prone to flooding!
    Scope

• Bettahm
    Chloe:
    Still not raining here either. You must live round the corner! Started raining in Devon and this is the yellow alert stuff heading across the country.
  • Bettahm
    After yesterday's brief respite, chucking it down again.
    I used to do gardening when I was working, so got into weather watching a bit, but this must be heading for a record breaking wet year I'd have thought.
  • Chloe_Scope
    It's certain been a wet few months!! Hope you are doing okay today. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Poor folk of Doncaster and South Yorkshire. They`ve had it so bad.

Usually North Yorkshire gets it bad.

I was told Todmorden, Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd, in West Yorkshire have escaped it this time.
  • Bettahm
    I've a friend in Oldham who says Hebden Bridge is a really lovely, scenic area. I'm guessing by having 'bridge' in its name though, a river runs through it. Good they've escaped it this time, but yes sorry for all caught up in flooding. The photos online look horrendous.

Brightness