Finacial review by council for care — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finacial review by council for care

tina1148
tina1148 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
   They did one without notice and my contribution went from. 00 a week to.71 pounds.  They made up my outgoings and back dated the bill and wonot accept my paper reclients fir my DRE

Comments

• tina1148
    I suffer from anxiety and depression
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It really depends what you're claiming for with the DRE because some things won't be accepted. This link will advise you what's accepted and what isn't. https://www.real.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Reals-guidance-on-disability-related-expenditure-12-April-2017-PDF.pdf

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    This is exactly what we`ve just been through!  We had several rows with them about my DRE/income/outgoings.

At first they asked me for £82.22 a week from nil and we were shell shocked!

We had sent in mortgage statements, utility bills etc. They had missed part of the mortgage repayments and we pointed this out, so the charge was reduced to £59.22 a week.

We still refuted it and asked for someone to come to our house and explain how this was decided.

Someone came after 3 requests. WE were allowed for clothing, bedding, extra laundry loads due to my double incontinence, and finally the wet room conversion.

We finally settled on £39.22 a week. I believe they have to accept receipts for DRE...we had none!

Call them out and cry..like I did and fight it love.

xxxxx
  • tina1148
    Thanks fir your replies.  I'm glad you got it sorted.  I have reciepts signed by my neighbour who I pay to clean and a neighbour who does the garden.  They say they will only accept reciepts from official services but I can't afford to pay them.  I'm sure that they have to accept my DRE. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    tina1148 said:
    Thanks fir your replies.  I'm glad you got it sorted.  I have reciepts signed by my neighbour who I pay to clean and a neighbour who does the garden.  They say they will only accept reciepts from official services but I can't afford to pay them.  I'm sure that they have to accept my DRE. 
    Call them out. Do you have receipts or not? Don’t let them get away with it. 
  • poppy123456

Call them out. Do you have receipts or not? Don’t let them get away with it. 
    Tina has already stated they won't accept the receipts.

@tina1148 You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration for this, as you can with any decision and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tina1148
    Thank you fir your replies.  Is this the date of the unexpected review decision whigh was 3 October or will this be the date of the new bill if they accept some of my DRE.  They are taking so long to sort it it's past the month period.
  • poppy123456
    It's the date of the original decision usually but you say you're waiting for a new bill to see if they accept some of the DRE, are you waiting for this because you've questioned the DRE refusal?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @tina1148, so sorry to hear about the review. I hope the advice above has been helpful and please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)

Scope

• tina1148
    Hi Poppy thanks fir your reply.  I am waiting for them to say if they accept my receipts or reject them again fir DRE.  This will decide wether I can continue recieving care.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.