sugested improvements. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

sugested improvements.

RainbowJo
RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
make the all groups links bigger and on the same side as other links. 

if u make me change my password at least have the system email. iv spent days trying to get in as iv having bother with my voice over and memory. final found out u decided that i needed to change it. not such a nice thing to do to someone with memory issues. 

move the start new discussion button up top. im sick of having to here loads of message titles when i need to post something new. 

and tell the person (cant remember his name) thats ment to be looking at making this community more user friendly to get in with it. 

i dont come here as much as i would like as its not sound friendly. or sight impared friendly enough. 

btw. thanks for having this place and volunteering ur time. 

Comments

• RainbowJo
    so now it tells me to sing in all the time though im signed in. and posting the above i got this. 

wich i might add is a window without a close button. 
  • RainbowJo
    so now it tells me to sing in all the time though im signed in. and posting the above i got this. 

wich i might add is a window without a close button. 
  • RainbowJo
    ok so i cant upload the screen shot of the error message here. well dont ask me what it said as my voice over doesnt store it so i can try it out for u. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hi @RainbowJo - Unfortunately several of us had bother looking at Scope's online community last night or today. The message came up with something along the lines of Admin said you needed to change your password. I ended up clicking a link saying I'd forgotten my password (which I had!), & was immediately emailed a link from Scope so I could change it, & sign back in. Like yourself, I had used the option to remain signed in. I can only presume it was some sort of glitch, and nothing intentional.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all, having been a member for a while now I have never had any trouble with the site, a few changes have been made but nothing to cause concerns or worries.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I've been a member for over 2 years and have to be honest i've never had any problems, except Saturday evening when i was logged out. I had a message on screen saying my password had been changed by admin. I requested an email to be sent to me so i could change it, email received, password changed within less than 1 minute.

Admin did say there was a software issue over the weekend which prompted people to change passwords, no passwords were actually changed. See think link that Adrian answered my question to regarding the issues over the weekend.

Other than that i have no issues with the site at all. Admin do work hard and don't work weekends, although someone is usually available if posts are reported through out the weekend.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have any further issues logging in the the site then you can email scope at  community@scope.org.uk
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @RainbowJo. Thanks for sharing your suggestions for improvements. I'll make sure to pass them on.

Over the weekend it appears some changes were made to the forum software which resulted in members being prompted to reset their passwords in order to log in.

Despite what the notification states, no changes have been made to your account, but we're really sorry for all the fuss this has caused. As Poppy said, if anyone is having difficulties with logging in, or needs help resetting their password, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing community@scope.org.uk

Community Manager
    Scope
  • RainbowJo
    i changed my pw but then couldnt get in. went back to old one and ok. 

im just struggling with the location of the all groups links as there never near the top and using voice over it takes ages to find it. iv tried adding to faves but that seems to go to the community page rather than all groups page. 

i know there r plans for improvement i spoke to someone ages ago about it. i need to find that email and contact him and see if there r any dates yet as he asked if id like to be involved. 
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Don't you just like technology,
     . :D
    If it ain't broke don't mend it  ;)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RainbowJo - Here is a link to 'All groups' just click on it and this should hopefully work for you https://community.scope.org.uk/categories If you need any other links, please say.

Brightness