Feel ill after PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feel ill after PIP assessment

Options
rondon73
rondon73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

Never posted before...I feel I'll after a PIP assessment I had this week. I'm scared I lose it and my motability car. Then lose job cause cant get there.

I'm 46 and keep feeling like gonna cry and getting really dark thoughts.

I don't know how I can wait weeks feeling like this and worried I lose everything if lose pip.

Please can someone advise what to do?

At end of tether.

Thanks

R

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I completely understand the stress it causes, having been through all those assessments myself.

May i ask if this is a transfer from DLA or a PIP review?

Lots of people successfully claim PIP without any problems at all but we rarely hear the good stories. Hopefully you'll be one of those good stories and you'll be successfully awarded.

If you live in the UK wait a week after the assessment then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. When you receive it, look for the dots next to the activities and compare them against the PIP descriptors. Once you add up those points then you'll have some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales for decisions but hopefully you won't be waiting too long. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @rondon73 and welcome to the community. :)
    I'm sorry how difficult you're finding things after your recent PIP assessment. I hope @poppy123456 has been able to help with the practical side of things. 
    If you do request a copy of the assessors report and need any help understanding it, please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • rondon73
    rondon73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks..how you stop anxiety and suicidal thoughts.

Please help..thank you feedback
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rondon73, I appreciate how awful the assessments can be and I'm sorry it has had such an impact on you. Have you spoken to a doctor about these thoughts? I understand how difficult it can be to do this, but it will enable you to access more support.

If you feel suicidal then please do call Samaritans on 116 123, they are available 24 hours a day. Also, if you'd prefer to text then you can message SHOUT to 85258 and a crisis volunteer will be in touch with you. If you're in immediate danger then please do not hesitate to call 999 or go to your local A&E.

You are a valuable member of the community and I really hope you get the outcome you deserve with the PIP assessment. 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.