Should I have heard back? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I have heard back?

mel15
mel15 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Well its 4 weeks since dwp rang me i had missed  out on the esa 3 form a few things prior too that its took 14 weeks too go too processessing so now on 18 weeks and still no decision how many stages does the whole thing go through and would i have heard something back by now if i wasnt entitled  too anything ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The backlogs for the underpayments are huge and where the timescales was about 20 weeks it's now exceeding this by a few months. I'm afraid there's no timescales, once a decision's been made you'll receive a decision letter. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mel15
    Okies if i wasnt entitled too this would i have heard  back by now when they looked at my form before processessing ? 
  • poppy123456
    Highly unlikely because the backlogs are huge for everyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mel15
    Well just  an update  on week 20 and still not heard  anything ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sorry to hear that @mel15. It does seem like the backlogs are huge! Have you contacted them at all?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • danny1234
    danny1234 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    i had my ESA medical 12 weeks ago and still not heard results if I have passed has any body else had to wait this long thanks danny
  • poppy123456
    danny1234 said:
    i had my ESA medical 12 weeks ago and still not heard results if I have passed has any body else had to wait this long thanks danny
    Hi,

There's no timescales for any decision. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Requesting a copy of the assessment report will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • mel15
    Hi adrian yes a few times too be told the same its been in processing since 8th oct i just dont like ringing all the time i dont want too come across as pestering them or it interferes and goes against me  i do suffer severe anxiety  and it is a bit stressing waiting  for a decision .......
  • mel15
    And i miss calculated my dates its 22 weeks tomz ....
  • mel15
    I keep thinking surely all way though this process they must have good idea if your owed anything and if not i would of had tje big fat NO  before now ......
  • poppy123456
    Backlogs for the underpayments are huge and waiting times have increased massively. They can't give you any ideas of anything until the decision's been made.
  • mel15
    Hi poppy i did get a letter back wed and i wasnt entitled too backpay i dont really understand as my circunstances then are the same now only i get more money now someone isnt going too ring me back monday too explain part of the time i was on joint claim with my ex hubby but then i went on too a single person new claim and was on contributions based but they reackon i was getting the right money but i get loads more now so dont really work it out . Can i apply for a run down of all my benefits i have claimed over the years too have a look myself ? 
  • poppy123456
    Very difficult to give any definite answers whether or not that's correct on an internet forum without knowing all of your circumstances during the dates you were assessed for. The benefit system is very complex. The decision letter you had should have given you a full break down. My advice is to take all your paperwork and speak to an advice agency near you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.