Mandatory reconsideration heartache — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration heartache

Naughtynan
Naughtynan Community member Posts: 87 Courageous
Hi hope everyone having a good night. I am disappointed as today I had the answer to my mandatory reconsideration request for lcwra. It's been turned down and I'm left in Lcw group as before. The letter say I can log into my account and have updated details and fit notes so that shows I'm well enough to attend work preparations too. They say you can meet with your work coach regularly. Last time I met a work coach was last year when I had to go in the job centre to apply for UC and show my id's. I was so unwell I keep dozing off on the chair because of my medications and the work coach saw how unwell I was. I applied for appeal online straight away but I'm sure even that is going to count ad being capable!!!  Does DWP expect  corpse to apply for lcwra?? Sorry I'm very angry and down at the moment.?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you get some help with your appeal? CAB or welfare rights maybe?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Naughtynan
    edited November 2019
    Sorry deleted post as couldn't edit properly. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear that but with only 18% of MR decisions changing i'm not surprised that you have to take it to Tribunal because the majority of people do.

The good news is that a Tribunal is a lot more understanding but the bad news is that waiting times are huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting a year for a hearing date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Naughtynan
    woodbine said:
    Can you get some help with your appeal? CAB or welfare rights maybe?I
    I guess I could but don't know where to start. I actually thought I had a good chance of getting the lcwra especially as it took nearly 8 months for the reply. I might ask Richmond fellowship for help. Feel totally lost and defeated now.
  • poppy123456
    This link will tell you what's local to you for support and face to face advice. If you can get representation then even better and the place to start for this will be welfare rights or a law centre. See link. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Naughtynan
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear that but with only 18% of MR decisions changing i'm not surprised that you have to take it to Tribunal because the majority of people do.

The good news is that a Tribunal is a lot more understanding but the bad news is that waiting times are huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting a year for a hearing date.
    Oh that's what I dread Poppy the long wait ?? thanks for the reply. 
  • poppy123456

I guess I could but don't know where to start. I actually thought I had a good chance of getting the lcwra especially as it took nearly 8 months for the reply. I might ask Richmond fellowship for help. Feel totally lost and defeated now.
    Whether you qualify for LCWRA will depend how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work and this is what the Tribunal will look at.

If none of the descriptors apply for LCWRA then look at substantial risk here. https://wcainfo.net/issues/substantial-risk-lcwra

• Naughtynan
    Thanks poppy I'll have a proper look at these later on. One thing has really surprised me is that they wrote this "You wear incontinence pads bought over the counter which protects your clothes. You travel on buses and you are able to go supermarket shopping. The overall evidence suggests that significant functional disability is unlikely in the area of Continence."
    I said in my wca that I order online and when going out I do very small shopping. I go straight back home yet the way they write reports is like I'm reading about someone else. I'm going to write to my mp tomorrow as I'm actually very concerned about the way these assessments are carried out. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm really sorry to read your MR wasn't successful @Naughtynan. As others have said, the next stage of appeal is tribunal. If possible, it's a good idea to try and get some face-to-face help with the appeal. Have you taken a look at the link Poppy provided to see what's available in your area?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Naughtynan
    edited November 2019
    I'm really sorry to read your MR wasn't successful @Naughtynan. As others have said, the next stage of appeal is tribunal. If possible, it's a good idea to try and get some face-to-face help with the appeal. Have you taken a look at the link Poppy provided to see what's available in your area?
    Hi Adrian 
    Thanks I had a quick look but at the moment my head is all over the place don't know what to do. Although had a good rant on my journal and this morning had a reply from jobcebrre saying I can apeal as if I don't know. I know I was wrong but I totally lost it and wrote that I find him patronising as I had already written I was going to apeal and I have done the apeal it's gone off online. I just want yo disappear dying seems like a good option. Don't think I'm strong enough for any more rejection and I'm not well. Made an appointment for Thursday to see my GP as I couldn't sleep a wink last night felt like leaving the house and just keep on walking to nowehere. I apologize for sounding negative.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited November 2019
    Please don't apologise for sounding negative @Naughtynan. I'm really sorry that you've reached a point where you feel like this. Their comments don't sound like they were very helpful and I understand getting frustrated with them.
    Do you think you'll mention how you're feeling to your GP on Thursday? I think it's really important you're honest with someone qualified to help you through this. In the meantime, if you're still struggling with these sorts of thoughts, would you give Samaritans a call on 116 123? If you'd rather talk via text, Shout offer a crisis text service which you can access by texting SHOUT to 85258.
    If we can help you at all through the appeal process, please let me know and don't forget you can always contact the community team by email on community@scope.org.uk
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Naughtynan
    Today had the bundle from dwp for my appeal. Reading it has really been very stressful. I don't even want to continue anymore.
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear this is causing so much stress. Are you able to get some help with the from an agency near you? If you can then i'd advise you to do that and take the bundle with you. This link will help you know what's local to you for that help.

• Naughtynan
    I'm sorry to hear this is causing so much stress. Are you able to get some help with the from an agency near you? If you can then i'd advise you to do that and take the bundle with you. This link will help you know what's local to you for that help.

Thank you Poppy. I'll look for help in that link. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Keep up the fight dont give in if you think you have a case. I went through this myself and went to tribunal and was awarded. It is stressful and the wait doesn't help and I felt like I was having to fight for any help and support for things that should just be a basic human right. 
  • Naughtynan
    janer1967 said:
    Keep up the fight dont give in if you think you have a case. I went through this myself and went to tribunal and was awarded. It is stressful and the wait doesn't help and I felt like I was having to fight for any help and support for things that should just be a basic human right. 
    Hi. Thank you for your reply. They said again there's no doubt about yiur medical conditions but you're not Lcwra. They say because I study a distance learning at home it mean I can also deal with work related activitires. They say I can travel in a car do I must not be that disable for a Lcwra group. They also say yes your condition has worsened but we can only discuss yiur case as how it looked to the assessor one year ago. They also say I am not suicidal as I didn't try to commit suicide recently. I'm speechless because reading it it's like they're accusing me for surviving. At least that's how I feel.?
  • poppy123456
    Are you planning on appearing in person at your Tribunal hearing? This will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. For those who aren't represented it's about 50%, increasing to more than 70% for those who are represented. Paper based it's just 5-8% chance of success.

They are correct when they say they can't take a worsening condition into consideration. They will only consider what you were like at the time the assessment took place. This applies to the Tribunal too.

Did you put your postcode into the link i provider to see what's local to you?
  • Naughtynan
    Yes I did Poppy. The Mind and citizen advice came up. Not sure what Mind can do but last time I asked for citizen advice for help their advice regarding my sons PIP apeal was as you say to just appear in person. 

Today on my UC journal I asked universal credit for a new medical assessment. They are ignoring the new evidence I sent them regarding my worsening condition. They have new evidence and just dismissed as useless for the apeal so why not assess me again? 
  • Naughtynan
    My doctor wanted to increase my medication couolecof days ago and I refused simply because of the horrible side effects. I can't sleep properly and sleep I get feels like a nightmare. I don't feel normal I'm not healthy.shes referred me to get counselling and my physical problems are being investigated as things take time. Now I know how that guy Erol ? Must have been feeling and I'm glad I have my son otherwise I rather end it all had enough of begging.
  • poppy123456
    I'm so glad you have your son!

You need to be very careful reporting a change of circumstances because you could end up losing your LCW that you already have. Also any new decision made on a new work capability assessment will overrule any decision made by the Tribunal for the appeal you currently have.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.