How long do assessors have to send report? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do assessors have to send report?

Julessarahthompson
Julessarahthompson Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Morning Guys, 

Just a quick question, how long do assessors get to send over the report to the DWP? 

I had my assessment over 2 weeks ago and as of this morning the DWP still havent recieved the report. They are going to chase it up and advised me to call next tuesday. 

Cheers 

Jules 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, you can request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • Julessarahthompson
    Thanks for your reply Wilko, I phoned last week and again today for a copy of the report, but they said they havent recieved it and to call again next week. Was just wandering whether the assessors had a time frame in which they have to send the report over to the DWP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

No, they don't have a timescale to return it. Once it's completed, it will be returned.

I'd advise you to give the health assessment providers a call, it's very likely that your report has been sent to audit. If this has happened then it can significantly delay the decision process because they can't make a decision without the report. Reports are chosen at random for audit, if this has happened, there's nothing to worry about. It just means the decision will take longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julessarahthompson
    Thanks for the reply Poppy, I will give them a call in the morning. I'm expecting a long wait to be honest as I waited 18 weeks just to receive a f2f date, so I'm guessing they are pretty back logged in my area 

Thanks again 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you get it soon @Julessarahthompson, were you able to call them this morning? :)
    Scope

• Julessarahthompson
    Sorry for the delay, yes managed to speak to capita, it been sent for audit ? I have to call them back next week to see if it's been sent over, they said it's been pending audit since 22nd November, just got to sit and wait 
  • poppy123456
    As it's in audit then there's no timescales for how long it will remain there for. My daughter's first PIP report was sent to audit and it stayed there for 6 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Julessarahthompson
    Afternoon guys just thought I would update you on my assessment report. Capita have completed the audit and sent the report to pip last week, they are saying they still haven't recieved it, spoke with them today, a case manager has now taken over and has chased capita today who are now saying there has been a technical error when sending the report over, they will look into it when the IT department are back in on monday but I wont get a copy now until after the new year. It's now been 22 weeks since I first claimed and PIP are now saying it could be a another 6 weeks before a decision is made. 
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, there's no timescales when applying for PIP or when waiting for a decision. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long after the new year.
  • Julessarahthompson
    Just an update on my claim guys. Still no decision, however I recieved a copy of my report today, the points I've been given are 17 for care and 14 for mobility for 3 years. So I guess I'll just have to await the decision letter to see if they go by the recommendations 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Fingers crossed the decision maker goes with the report @Julessarahthompson. I hope you hear soon. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
  • Julessarahthompson
    Thankyou guys, is it likely the will go with the report? I'm hoping to hear soon the waiting is the worst part 
  • Chloe_Scope
    They normally do go with the report @Julessarahthompson. I can imagine it's stressful! I hope you aren't waiting much longer. :)
    Scope

• Julessarahthompson
    Thankyou chloe, will keep you updated 
  • Julessarahthompson
    Evening Guys, 

Just a quick update, recieved a call from DWP today about my ESA, basically they were calling to fill out form to claim SDP. 

Still havent recieved PIP decision, however the Lady on the phone informed me a decision was made on the 13th and they DM went with the report. Enhanced for both for 3 years. 

So guess I've just got to wait for the letter and then my back pay. She did say ESA backpay can take upto 2 weeks but she couldnt tell me when pip backpay would be paid. 

It was such a long process that caused so much stress but I am over the moon that I have a success story. 

Thankyou to each and everyone of you for your help and support, you've kept me going all this time xx
  • poppy123456
    Good news. Once the decision's been made they make the payment and then money is received in the bank, providing you weren't transferring from DLA and this wasn't a review of an existing PIP claim.

For the SDP, providing you live alone (no other adults over the age of 18 living with you, unless they claim a qualifying benefit) and no one claims carers allowance or the carers element of UC then you'll qualify for that.
  • Julessarahthompson
    Thanks poppy, 

I woke up this morning to the PIP backpay in my account. 

I match the criteria for SDP eligibility, so just got to wait for that to come through now 
  • Julessarahthompson
    Just had a text to say the SDP has been issued and should be in my account within 3 working days, I'll give the DWP credit where it's due, the claim took months but they have been on the ball regards to payment, I was shocked when they contacted me about the SDP as I've read stories of people having to fight to get it. But then I suppose not alot of people share success stories. 

Thanks again for all your help, this forum is worth its weight in gold 
  • poppy123456
    Great news. SDP is a very easy benefit to claim, if you meet the criteria. Those that have difficulties claiming is most likely because they live with other people, in these cases it's not as straight forward.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.