Lcwra payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra payments

diane1981
diane1981 Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
I have been awarded lcwra. I thought ur payment was the 4th month from ur first sick line. However uc have just told me its 3 months from ur award date.  Can anyone who has this payment confirm when u actually get it. Is it the 4th month after u hand in ur 1st sick line or the 4th month after they place u in the lcwra group

Comments

• diane1981
    I started claiming uc in July after being removed from the esa support group. I immediately provided sick lines from gp and had help from money matters in filling out the UC50 form. My gp was contacted and she gave details of my conditions. I did not attend an assessment to be honest I'm glad I didn't as I find them awful. I have been notified I have been placed in the lwcra group, does that mean I get extra money or I just don't need to look for work
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. You'll receive the extra £336 per month from the 4th full assessment period from when you sent your first fit note. This is because there's a 3 month waiting period and UC is paid in arrears.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • diane1981
    Thank u I understand that part I just wondered about the payment as I was told that u can be placed in the lwcra group but not receive extra money. Thought this was strange that they decide to place u in a group but contradict that by saying u get no extra benefit 
  • poppy123456
    You misunderstood that. If you were placed into the LCW group then you wouldn't have received any extra money because your claim started after April 2017. As you were placed into the LCWRA group then those rules don't apply to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • diane1981
    Ahh OK thank u 
  • diane1981
    I've contacted the uc on my journal about payments to be told I wouldn't receive any payments til after the first 3 month assessment period.  Do they mean 3 months from now?  I was handing in sick lines since July 2019 filled out UC50 form in end of Sept. I thought my payment should start oct/Nov when this is the 4th month 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @diane1981. It's worth querying this with them, I have seen it miscalculated a number of times and Case Managers thinking the 3 months wait starts after a decision etc, and not when you first hand in your fit note. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • diane1981
    Bad days when even they Dont know how there own system works. Im awaiting word back. But am i right in thinking its the 4th month from handing in sick lines and not 4 months from being put in a group 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Yes, you're correct @diane1981.
    Do you know the date you handed in your first fit note and what your assessment periods are? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • diane1981
    I'm sure my first would be about 7th July and I've had 4 payments so far. I think the date the the 7th and payment is 11th
  • diane1981
    They've just said it's 3 months from now before I will receive payment
  • poppy123456
    That's definitely not correct! May i ask who told you this?

It's 3 months from the date you first supplied evidence/sent in your first fit note. See link and scroll down to waiting period.

• poppy123456
    Hi,

Adrian and myself have been advising you on your other thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/66347/lwcra#latest

Starting another thread with the same question only causes confusion, please try to stick to the same thread. I just answered your last question on there.

• Adrian_Scope
    edited November 2019
    Hi @diane1981. It sounds like they're incorrectly applying the wait period. It's 3 full assessment periods from the first fit note you supplied.
    Without seeing your actual assessment dates it's difficult to say for sure but if your payment date is the 11th, it's likely your assessment period is 5th-4th. If you handed your fit note in on the 7th, the first month may not count (unless you reported your health condition from the start and can argue self-reporting as opposed to fit note, but we'll assume it doesn't to give you the worst-case scenario). 
    5th July to 4th August - Won't count 
    5th August to 4th September - Month 1
    5th September to 4th October - Month 2
    6th October to 4th November - Month 3
    5th November to 4th December - LCWRA Payment (11th December).
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • diane1981
    Thank u glad I get more sense on here than from UC themselves. It was someone int he contact centre that answers ur questions on ur journal. 
  • poppy123456
    They have been very poorly trained for UC and because of this their advice should never be believed.

I also see from a previous thread that you were found fit for work for a previous work capability assessment when you were claiming ESA, did you request the MR then Tribunal on that decision?
  • diane1981
  • diane1981
    Yes I was on esa got no luck as gp at the time wouldn't give supporting evidence as they found it unhelpful in previous cases. I was took off esa and placed on uc in which another gp supplied sick line straight away and also gave me support in the work assessment which went in my favour and was awarded lcwra
  • poppy123456
    Please answer my question, did you request the mandatory reconsideration and if that failed did you then request the Tribunal for that decision?
  • diane1981
    No I didn't request a Mr as I was told if I did that I wouldn't get any money til a decision was made and that I was to claim uc.  The last time I waited 6 months on a decision from the Mr so couldn't take the risk of it being that long with no money. So I claimed the uc straight away

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.