PIP assessment lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment lies

kellie13
kellie13 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm kellie I'm 46 disabled lady who has in recent years due to various illness such as sepsis and losing a kidney last year breaking my back have been struggling with day to day life and mobility having had to relearn to walk twice in 4 years I keep having my disability cut because I've worked hard to get back on my feet for my own sanity and peace of mind my conditions are arrgrevated by the fact I have an autoimmune disorder which if not treated properly will kill me eventually which turn cause me to be depressed yes i have mobility problems yes it's hard but i push myself everyday just to survive the day in constant pain 
Kellie

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kellie13 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Gosh you have had a lot to deal with, but you sound like a very spirited and determined person which is great.  I have had Sepsis in the past also and it is really nasty.  You will find the forum to be a really supportive space with lots of lovely people on it.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on the Community.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kellie13 _ Welcome to the community from me too, 'tho I'm sorry to read all you have gone through & still suffer. I already had mobility problems when I fractured my hip; getting back to walking again was a struggle, so I really appreciate how well you've done overcoming your difficulties.
    When you say your disability keeps getting cut, is that a benefit such as PIP that has been reduced?
  • kellie13
    they’ve cut my pip in half basically they say although I need care my mobility is ok which it isn’t I’m awaiting appeal from dep to which I requested my medical records to which I now have too and it makes interesting reading with some of the bs and lies about me that have been because of this and my problems I have I’m now at a loss of what to do but I digress basically I struggle with walking as I had to learn to walk back in Oct last year well I worked to be able to walk again and every step is agony to the falls I’m having because of arrghhh it’s real complicated
    Kellie
  • chiarieds
    Hi again @kellie13 - So have you done a Mandatory Reconsideration after receiving a decision on PIP, or have you appealed to a Tribunal after that? Just asking as members here might be able to advise if you wouldn't mind saying at what stage you're at as regards PIP. Please know I'm not disregarding your undoubted mobility problems, just hoping to hear more so you might be better helped.
  • kellie13
    I've done both a mandatory reconsideration and an appeal as yet I've not had an appeal date still waiting on that I'm finding it very frustrating as I'm not coping at all well with my mobility as I've had too falls in last month if it hadn't been for my two daughters picking me up off the floor I'd of been stuck so thankfully they were home as normally they'd of been busy with there lives I push myself everyday to take my granddaughter to.school even though I'm in constant pain I use a stick when I had an assessment at the house the dwp representative lied so much that i dont think she knew what she was doing I've got myself so upset by things that i have read on my medical records just for proof of my disability its would blow your mind why do these people feel the need to lie about people i just dont get it I've had to fight for everything I have and to basically have a decent quality of life you know 
    Kellie
  • chiarieds
    Hi @kellie13 - So sorry to read about the problems you've been having. I'm going to ask for some help here for you. @poppy123456 would you please give your advice here, thank you.
  • chiarieds
    @poppy123456 Sorry for asking again, but would you help here, thank you. Perhaps tags not working as asked for spiceman & Chloe this am too.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hello @kellie13   Pleased to meet you thank you my friend @chiarieds for mentioning me.
    I apologise if @poppy123456    not has answered your post.  On behalf of the community champions.  Hope I can help.  
    I am a member of the community champions team.  We guide, advise and help members.
    I am sorry what you are going through. Please I can offer my compassion and empathy. You have come to the right place.
    Please can ask are you receiving any support with your depression, I do understand.
    Please consider the links I have provided . I know you have had problems relating to sepsis. I am sorry to hear this. I will give some links and support for that. If you consider looking at those as well.
    I would look at getting help with your depression which in turn the charities mentioned.   Will help , support you with your disability and look at anything else you might have to cope with.
    Including benefits support your well being and health. Benefit assessments and anything surrounded the PIP or Benefits situations.
    https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.
    https://www.mind.org.uk.
    https://www.rethink.org.
    Last one is an advocate charity useful for interventions with medical teams and NHS. Speak on your behalf.
    I am aware some of the links  might not be in all areas.
    https://www.sepsistrust.org.
    Helpline  0800 389 6255
    Please if I can help with anything else. Please get in touch.
    Please ask happy to help anytime.
    Please take care.
    @thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kellie13
    Thankyou for your input I am currently recovering help with my depression through my gp I also have a benefits advisor working on my case who works for eastbourne food bank and does all my appeals and benefit visits with me as I have learning difficulties and dont understand it due to my memory issues I thank the good god there are people I can talk to on here that understand and have been in similar situations.
    The fact of the matter is I'm having to fight tooth n nail just to keep any benefits I get just to keep myself afloat you know if it werent for my kids I'd be up the creek without a paddle 
    Kellie
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kellie13   Thank you for reply and kind words.
    Please I would still consider looking at any links I have added.
    I know you mentioned support with depression thorough GP.
    This is other support, guidance and advice can actually be beneficial to your wellbeing an mental health. Nothing wrong I asking for additional support.
    I think it is great to have a benefit advisor but the organisations I used have support workers and  staff that can intervene or being supportive in any benefit problems. Your own benefit situation can and could have be much more supportive, no one wished to hear a member struggling never should have happened. Please think about looking at these organisations.  I would recommend Richmond fellowship does help a lot especially my own issues.
    Speak for you at assessments, make it clear to you. Have time for and to listen.
    Something to think about.
    Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kellie13
    Thankyou @thespiceman I will certainly take time to look at these over the weekend as I'm at my wits end I've a sneaking suspicion that my ex husband n son have something to do with the reduction as well as that's what it's like for me everytime things go right with my life n benefits he stuffs it up and makes malicious reports which instigates all the crud and them saying your abled bodied sort of thing I work hard just to stay up right most days as the pain is do bad 
    Kellie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.