Recently applied for Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recently applied for Pip

Bubbles85
Bubbles85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi- had my face to face interview 2 weeks ago so just waiting to hear.

Heard so many horror stories I’m worried I won’t be granted it.

I have fibromyalgia- anxiety & depression is awful, I told the assessor I wouldn’t use public transport, wouldn’t drive somewhere I didn’t know alone. I’m on 7 medications. I also broke both feet and though they’re healed, they still have pain and swell. I have body pain all over too. 

I also have IBS. 

What are my chances? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. As no one here knows exactly how your conditions affect you then i'm afraid we can't tell you whether you'll successfully be awarded.

If you live in the UK then you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. When you receive it use the PIP descriptors online to compare the dots next to the activities/descriptors in the report. You'll still need to wait for the decision but you'll have some idea.

Do remember that we only ever hear the bad stories on an internet forum. Lots of people successfully claim PIP without any problems at all.

Once the decision's made if you disagree you'll have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bubbles85
    Bubbles85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you.

i think I’ll be ok providing the assessor recorded down what I reported correctly 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,826 Scope online community team
    Best of luck @Bubbles85. Please let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.