Job center trying to force me to do some work while employed,on a sick leave from work,receiving UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Job center trying to force me to do some work while employed,on a sick leave from work,receiving UC

Options
mrntidu
mrntidu Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hi , 
My name is Nicola , I have been working as Nightshift warehouse storeman for a Fast food restaurant based inside a  big station in London until December 2018 . Because trough the years of hard working I developed herniated disks ,facet joint syndrome and fybromialgia I was found unfit for work and signed off sick .
Since then I only had pressures from any sides, DWP and Job center , work , hospitals, physiotherapy .. they just make me only feel worse . I often think that the only way for me to be in peace it is by leaving this world somehow if I find out a painless and quick way to go. I really have had enough of this people who are good to work using other people's back . I feel like they are not respecting my pain . I need take lots of Cocodamol ,Diclofenac,Amitypriline, Phenergan,Omeprazole . I need to do physio exercises, to rest , to lie down on bed when cannot stand or sit any longer caused by the uncomfortable pain , I use an electronic pen to unblock muscles spasms and need to do everything else slower and more carefully . How am I supposed to be able to work ? 
Please any advice will be extremely helpful and I thank you so much in advance for reading my post and commenting it . 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mrntidu - Welcome to the community, Nicola, 'tho I'm very sorry indeed to read about your struggles. I will ask a couple of people here if they might give you the benefit of their advice. Please @thespiceman & @poppy123456 might you both help here, thank you.
    May I ask if you've looked at PIP (Personal Independence Payment). It's not about your diagnoses, but rather if you face difficulty in daily living activities, such as washing, dressing, cooking, etc. &/or mobility problems. Here's a link: https://www.gov.uk/pip

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @mrntidu   Pleased to meet you. 

Thank you for joining and thank you for sharing and to my friend @chiarieds .

I am one of the team of community champions.  We advise help and support members of our community.

I am sorry to hear what you are going through. Please can I ask do you have Union representation at work.? Even though your signed off sick at work. There should be helping you.

Many Unions have benefit advisors and welfare support I know Unite is one such Union worth finding out.

Also if your suffering from the conditions you mentioned. I can give you organisations that can give you a lot of support, welfare, benefit advice. Please can just say your not alone in this situation...

I noticed your medication using antidepressants, there are mental health charities who can be used to support you, if your suffering  any  mental health conditions.

Worth contacting as they can help you and give much need advice, information and most of important of all help you with this situation.

Looking at wellbeing, health meds anything else. Do take clientele with additional disabilities as well as mental health conditions.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Last one is advocate charity. worth talking to if having problems with medical professionals. Intervene on your behalf.

I add also this organisation deals with spine conditions .

Might be useful for any additional support.

https://www.spinal.co.uk.

Helpline 0800 980 0501.

Please can I add if we can help further please get in touch.

Happy to help be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • mrntidu
    Options
  • mrntidu
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I cannot reply to @charieds but yes I went to PIP and I feel like have been tricked and the report it's been pumped up of [removed by moderator] which I didn't say or have been interpreted by the report writer on his way . I also went to work capabilities assessment and they said that even if they recognize my health status still I am requested to do some work which I think it has nothing to do with the company where I am employed . I am not going to resign because I was used to love working there and because it is a good company . Where do the job center want to send me to work ? To do what ? 
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @mrntidu   Thank you for kind words and please keep in touch, your part of this community now a valued member, anytime.

Need to talk or chat or ask anything. Please if you wish to tag my name in.

Like I have done with yours, happy to do so if I can help.

If not speak to the other team member's or SCOPE Team.

Please try not to worry this situation you are in, I have been there.  Used the mental health charities.

To give your reassurance I am on here every day daily so if that helps.

Pleasure to meet you.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Thank you @chiarieds for the tag.

It's not clear in you post whether you have be awarded LCW for Universal Credit? If you can just confirm that please.

Also am i correct in saying that you are currently working?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mrntidu
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • mrntidu
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks a lot . I only receive UC because my employer cannot pay me ssp anymore . I am employed with a company . Off sick since Dec 2018 . I have got permanent employment contract with my employer . 
    By the way . Job center also said that I don't need to send them sick notes anymore . I am getting UC from job center because I was job seeker and after found the job I was getting very little UC until when I had to sign off sick from my work .UC increased when my employer stopped paying me SSP.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you no longer have to send in anymore fit notes and you're not receiving any extra money each month them i'm assuming you're in the limited capability for work (LCW) group, is that correct? or were you found fit for work? If so, when was the decision made on that work capability assessment please? Sorry but it's still not clear.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mrntidu
    Options
    I am a foreign . Italian . Eea citizen . I live in this country since 2006 and I own permanent settled status . I always have been working hard and paid my tax contributions . Now I feel like I am treated like a rubbish bin bag just because I am not British and despite all my health problems which have been caused by the way I have been pushed to work like a **** all these years living in London . And now that I am useless they pushing me to no other option than working with broken body and mind.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear all of that. If you can answer my questions then i'll happily help you but it's not clear whether you're in a group or whether you were found fit for work.
  • mrntidu
    Options
    @poppy123456 I went to PIP on October and to work capabilities assessment

• mrntidu
    Options
    @poppy123456 can you read the photo ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    This means that you have been found fit for work. You now have 1 month from the date of that decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) for this you need to state the reasons why you think you should be given either LCW or LCWRA and your reasons why.

If you didn't send any evidence to support your claim then i'd advise you to send this because they rarely contact anyone for this the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.

I'll put some links here that may help you with the process. I would also advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you for help and support with the MR.

Put your postcode into this link to see what's local to you for advice https://advicelocal.uk/

Please do be aware that the work capability assessment is about the work you can do and not the work you can't do and this is what they have assessed you on. Unfortunately, no further fit notes will be accepted.

• thespiceman
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello @mrntidu   Please can I add you not useless this benefit system is a problem for us all.

Your not alone, always some one here.  

Please if you can look at the information @poppy123456 has provided for you.

Please also I forget the mental health charities have employment advisors and look at seeing how there signposting can beneficial to you.

If you wish to look at employment that is a option they might what to discuss with you.

Also they do supported assistance in work with those with mental health issues.

Could be courses, training or looking at your skills, abilities and talents.

Something I would think about.

I know it is difficult for you.

I looked at the spine injuries links lots of support, resources and information.

My thoughts are me and @poppy123456    are here to advise be supportive, we do understand.

Please try not to worry, you not the problem, none of this is your fault.

Please remember anything we can do get in touch.

Please take care .

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • mrntidu
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @thespiceman @poppy123456

Thanks again for your posts . By the time that I had those PIP and work capabilities assessment I also went again to Orthopaedic and found to have this problem as chronicle and psychosomatic . That's why I have been added antidepressants on top of painkillers . I don't understand what job center wants me to do . I  asked them to send full report and informed them in the online journal about these new adds . I also have been changed physiotherapyst and will need to go . I also have been paid by my parent's a SIA CCTV training in order for me to be able to find a job which doesn't stress my health problems . What do they want for me ? I am not going to let them force me to work . They will have to physically move my arms , hands or whatever because I am not going to work any other jobs than the one which I already have . They cannot say me to resign from my work . And I will not resign .I will get better and I will work where I am employed . 
  • mrntidu
    Options
    I suffer of fybromialgia . They should go back to school and study and come back to talk to me only when they ready .
  • mrntidu
    edited December 2019
    Options
    From the photo, what they wrote , I understand that they want me to think that they are better doctors than my GP and that actually his sick notes are toilet paper . I am not going to give up . I don't mind to go tribunal to sort this out and be the decision made by someone competent and experienced and not by a bunch of ignorants and  unaware  puppets of the government.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Unfortunately, a fit note from a GP doesn't automatically qualify you for limited capability for work. Please have a read of the links i posted above and don't forget you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR and if that fails it's Tribunal.
  • mrntidu
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Good morning . Gp's ( Doctor running a medical center and not a idiot )  sick note states the illnessess which I have got and that I am not fit for work . It doesn't state that I have limited capability for work . I cannot work and I will not until I am healed . I swear this over my mum's hearth .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.