Merry Christmas DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Merry Christmas DWP

Options
edwards123
edwards123 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
After our daughter was refused her PIP allowance from 4 April 2019 plus losing the SDA, totalling approx £600 per month, we obviously appealed, contacted our  then local MP Sir Norman Lamb, CAB and took advice  through, SCOPE,  I received a phone message on Sunday morning, from the DWP asking if I could ring them. Today I rang the number and following several security questions, I was talking to the Appeals Officer. He told me that after going through her 365 page Appeal, he had noticed several areas which were wrong, resulting in her PIP being reinstated from 4 April 2019,plus she will also get her SDA reinstated too.  I explained that receiving a call on a Sunday morning I had thought it was a cold caller ringing but he told me that because of all the appeals they were working 7 days a week to sort the mess out.  She will obviously receive backpay......we were waiting for a date for the Tribunal .  Can’t thank them enough, especially at Christmas time.  How many more disabled people have had or are going through this shambles.??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news. It's rare to be offered an award before a hearing date but it does happen.

I'm assuming you mean SDP and not SDA because SDA no longer exists. Hopefully she won't be waiting too long for the backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • edwards123
    edwards123 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Many thanks, thought I would share our news as there must be so many other families caught up in the shambles.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good to hear!  It seems to be happening more often recently from posts on here too.

Out of interest, did you get a reply from Norman Lamb?  I didn't. :(  
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @edwards123 I'm very pleased for you. It's lovely to hear some good news for someone on this forum. Some days I have to stay away from it because it can become so depressing to read. Thank you for posting :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.