pip tribunal won — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip tribunal won

Options
Cake1988
Cake1988 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
on the 10th of this month i finally had my pip tribunial after waiting 2 years and 3 weeks. i was award enhanced on both parts (even tho the people who made the original decission gave me 0 on everything) and had a ladie from the dwp turn up to the tribunal, who actually helped me get the enhanced rate.

Im wondering how long i will be looking before i get my back pay, and is the fact the dwp was there and helped me get the higher rate speed it up at all?

Ive also been told it will be back dated from the date of first applying and will be continued for another 3 years. which is amazing news for me.

And to any one else struggling or thinking of giving up with it the people i had at my case were extremely polite and kind, and it might feel like it will never come around but it will just hang on, i almost gave up myself but it turned out great for me.

Comments

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Options
    Morning Cake1988, I just wanted to congratulate you. You can now relax and have a peaceful Christmas, once again congratulations.??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Great news! Even though a DWP representative was there at the hearing it can still take about 8 weeks to receive backdated money. It's very unlikely that you'll receive what you're owed before the new year.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @Cake1988 just posting to say I love your profile picture! and congratulations upon winning your tribunal!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cake1988 and a very warm welcome to the community! This is amazing news and thank you for taking the time to share this with us!
    Scope

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Cake1988. I just wanted to join everyone else in congratulating you. Well done for not giving up, I am sure it was tough.

Han
  • Cake1988
    Cake1988 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    Thank you so much every one its been so long i think waiting another 6ish weeks should be ok just so glad its over for atleast 3 years but im dreading having to do all this again as this is my second time going threw the whole process.

Its such a shame that so many of us have to go threw this and im sure it must cost the dwp alot more then just giving it to people.Also why did they give me 0 points on everything even tho the first time i won it and this time i got the higher rate seems so wrong to me. its not fair on us all.

@Cressida haha thank you with my health im often stuck at my pc and was learning to use paint 3d and photoshop and thats what i ended up with and decide to use it for my twitch and youtube.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.