Merry Christmas from the Online Community Team: What support is available? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Merry Christmas from the Online Community Team: What support is available?

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2019 in Community updates

Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope you have a lovely time with friends and family, as well as taking the time to relax.

Does anyone have any plans? We’d love to hear what you are all up to!

We also know that Christmas is not an easy time of year for everyone and just wanted to let you know where support is available.

Useful articles

Support over Christmas

• If you are in crisis you can call an ambulance, go straight to A&E or call the Samaritans for free on 116 123 to talk. These services are open 24/7, including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
  • If you’re on Twitter then Sarah Millican does a #JoinIn which is for anyone who is feeling lonely or alone on Christmas Day. If you tweet using the hashtag or search it others will start a conversation.
  • Crisis text service Shout, you can access this by texting SHOUT to 85258.
  • SANEline (0300 304 7000) who are open from 4.30pm to 10.30pm every day of the year.

The community team will not be active during Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years Day. However, if you see someone struggling then please do report the post so we are made aware.

Thank you to everyone who has supported and contributed to the online community over the last year, it certainly wouldn’t be the same without you all! 

Wishing you all the best,

The Online Community Team :)

Scope

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Chloe_Scope will be on as per usual.  The forum.

I will probably will be not the only one.

Last years forum plenty of crisis and those suffering.

Always supportive.

Please will add a list of organisation often useful this time of year. On the day if helps any one.

Does help besides the ones you added.

I know had a lot of those with loneliness and lots of others in the same situation as myself.

Please just wanted to say hope if we community champions have any problems.

Got the relevant information and advice.

Your all the team need your rest and fun, enjoyment. Please do not fear.

@thespiceman is here wearing his supersuit.  lol.

Please want you to all have a relaxed day be not worrying here.

Thanks to all the team supporting us community champions.

We make a good team all of us.  

Guess what three years next year wow.

Love every minutes of it, more recipes more foodie stuff and who knows.

What else Dame hoods, Knight hoods for the team lol...  Ma am  bowing right now.  lol...

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. @Chloe_Scope and everyone at Team Scope. Thank you all for your support and guidance this year. You’re all stars. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you guys, hope everyone had a lovely day. :)
    Scope

• thespiceman
    edited December 2019
    Hello @Chloe_Scope   Good morning hope you had a good time, more importantly.

The forum very quiet few members no crisis or problems this time, although just thank you to those who did come on.

Hope those that did got a pleasant service and hope they know we as a team are always here .

Myself gone quick and spent the day on my lounge pants and shirts new snazzy ones, sexy . lol  

Hugh Heffner style why not, feel great doing that makes a change. Might well share .

Any way did cope and always do. Thanks to coping methods, got my music and my bible and of course that helps.  Being on here most of the day.

I hope you got every thing you wished for and hope we as a team continue to support those struggling as the end of the year draws close.

Another lot of issues many of us have end of year blues, into January had this myself still do.

Decided to see what happens any way might be OK.  Depends on weather gloomy days and dark days effect me the most.

Thanks for sharing, caring. Listening.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for this @thespiceman. I'm glad your day was okay and the community could support you. :)
    Scope

• kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Hope everybody had a nice Christmas! I know many find it tough and isolating as everyone seems so happy around you but you feel the opposite - I for one felt a mix of emotions this Christmas but I do have emotionally unstable personality disorder so this is normal for me, however, especially now after Christmas and going into the new year I know me myself and many others will feel very low and even depressed or more depressed during this time. 
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    edited December 2019
    Today I am feeling stressed and like there are not many other options or more positive ways forward in the future for me or my life. Also, most people around me look happy and content and I tend to compare myself to them without even realizing it and I find myself thinking that I am a total loser and completely alone compared to them. Many people are worried about financial issues as well after Christmas, especially as we compare ourselves to friends, family and even to complete strangers around us who may have it alot better than ourselves (this is what we think anyway)
  • thespiceman
    Hello @kami24   Sorry to hear this.  know many people of our community including myself do get depressed, lonely and wonder why this is happening.

Another year has ended, another year beckons.

I think what is important is to use any support, any advice or guidance to deal with your issues.

I will give you these, the charities are useful. Help you understand yourself more, give yourself some opportunities and some direction in your life.

One has one life and its how best to find the things you like to do and be happy, content have a positive thinking.

This is what these mental health charities do.

Please have a look you can self refer. Or speak to your GP

Might not be in all areas.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

One other I am always here and have a range of coping methods, strategies and yes was not good over the Xmas period but used these and managed myself.

My thoughts prayers are for others. One point you should never compare the person you are to some one else. Your the person you are.

Be you have the unique, talents, abilities find your qualities  your these talents to help you through life.

Please remember we here to support you this space is for you.

I use this all the time , the forum.

Please if I can help with anything please get in touch.

Happy to help.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Hi thespiceman 
    You have been supportive to so so many people, including myself. I have seen your I have seen your posts and you have offered advice and support to so many people on this forum, even though your going through stuff yourself. All I wanted to say is a thank you from me for all you do on this site.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Rifi7   Thank you for kind words.

Pleasure to have met you and be helping, supporting anything you ever do.

Please if I can be of anytime some help.

Please contact me, happy to be answering.

We as a community champions some times it can be a difficult, emotional role.

As it can be also rewarding this does hep the compliments from members, being appreciative.

Thank you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @kami24, I'm sorry to hear this time of year is particularly difficult for you, you certainly are not alone in feeling this way. Is there anything that you have found that helps to keep you busy? 

Please do let us know if we can do anything to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness