Gamer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gamer

BoomBoomToot
BoomBoomToot Community member Posts: 17 Connected
I was just wondering if there are any fellow gamers on here? It's my only hobby nowadays 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I like games, similar to you it’s one of my only hobbies through circumstance not choice - I find it hard to get out of the house.

I play online games like World of Warcraft, RuneScape etc.

I used to play Call of Duty, especially liked the zombies, but I got rid of my XBOX. I was thinking of getting a new one but not sure I like the look of the new games. Also it’s all online now isn’t it? I used to prefer playing the missions and the offline stuff.

What games do you like?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @BoomBoomToot

What sort of games do you prefer? Personally I love board games like Scrabble etc as you can make small talk with other players or ask them questions. I enjoy chess too. And I want to learn how to master the ancient game of bridge as well as checkers etc. I am woefully addicted to poker. 

See if you can find a social gaming club. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I do sometimes play the PS4, when i can find a game i like but that's not very often. My daughter plays the PS4 too because she never goes out unless someone goes with her.

@66Mustang with the new games consoles like Xbox 1 and PS4 you have a choice to either play online or offline, just like you always used to.

Now Runescape on my goodness, that does bring back so many good memories.... :D
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BoomBoomToot
    @66Mustang I'm enjoying the new cod as it does have a campaign and certain missions you can do off line... I like to play online even tho I don't have my mic on unless I start to get abuse then they will get a mouthful back, I got a gaming laptop for Xmas so I'm started playing the outerworlds on that.
    @poppy123456 I'm more of a xbox girl due to the controllers being bigger saying that I do have a PS4 but only use it to play exclusives that take my fancy
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @BoomBoomToot! We have @GamerGirl37 who also enjoys gaming. :) 
    Scope

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:

I used to play Call of Duty, especially liked the zombies, but I got rid of my XBOX. I was thinking of getting a new one but not sure I like the look of the new games. Also it’s all online now isn’t it? I used to prefer playing the missions and the offline stuff.

What games do you like?
    The 2018 COD (BO4) was online only, no campaign at all.  But they brought back a campaign for the 2019 one (Modern Warfare Remastered).  However it's not worth buying for the campaign alone.  I got it for xmas and completed it on Veteran within a week.  That wasn't solid play either, just an hour or two at a time.  I then went back to collect all achievements which took another week, completed that yesterday.  There's only one achievement I can't get because it's done through co-op missions and I don't have any friends or wear a mic to do it with randoms.  I don't like anything scary, violent or gory so never did play Zombies, there are a few parts of the MW Campaign that I had to do while looking away but not too many haha. :D

The campaign was very good, just not really long enough.  I use online multiplayer for the rest of the year though, play with randoms and don't use a mic so it's basically like playing against AI anyway lol.  Makes the game very good value for money when I play online for an hour of so per day!

The other game I like is Assassins Creed but sadly they didn't make one for this xmas so it'll just be CoD for me this year!  That's all single player story and educational as well...I've probably learnt more history and geography from that than from school!  I'm not a fan of the 'big boss' fights or the supernatural stuff though, hopefully they'll keep the next one a bit more realistic!

One thing to note about next gen consoles is the huge amount of data you have to download for them, you can't just stick a disc in and play anymore...I had to download over 100GB of data for MW.  I've got unlimited downloads (I think!) but only 'fast' fibre at around 30MB so it took all day to download when I first put it in!  It will have to update further every few weeks as well, as they patch the online bugs and introduce new maps etc.

I still think the best game I've had was GTA San Andreas...fantastic story line, open map and loads to do after you'd completed the story.  Didn't really like GTA5 but will buy the next GTA if they ever bother to release another!
  • BoomBoomToot
    @OverlyAnxious what system do u use to play? 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious what system do u use to play? 
    Xbox One...although it's 5 years old now so not sure how much longer it'll last!  I had a 360 back in 2007 but that only lasted 3 years before RROD and image issues.  Still have a PSOne and PS2 Slim in storage that still worked when put away!  
  • BoomBoomToot
    I have a good few of the old consoles all tucked away safe... If you ever want to add me on Xbox you can 

Brightness