TO ALL MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY PLEASE IF I CAN HAVE A MOMENT OF YOUR TIME — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

TO ALL MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY PLEASE IF I CAN HAVE A MOMENT OF YOUR TIME

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every one good morning to you all.

Please if you do not mind would like to high light some important information.

As part of the Community Champions team I need to say some valuable points of interest.

That can help those who are part of our beloved community.

Whether you are new member or some one been here for various periods of time.

First please if and when if you are a new member look at our House Rules, Community Guides they help you.

To understand how to post, how we the team help you. Including SCOPE team members.

Please remember if you do post something be aware of language and content.

One aspect of the forum is the continuous posting of multiple posts the same one on the forum.

We as Community Champions sometimes this confused us, we are after all like yourselves.

Please do not post multiple times. We as a team will answer your posts. That is our role, unfortunately some days there is a lot of posts.

Also sometimes we have a life too , I am on here every day. Have things to do up around 6am on here in between household duties and in-between other things , do rest sometime to myself but spend it here majority of the time.

Till early hours of the morning. Do know others do this as well some are not even Community Champions but do and are part of the Community.

With a lot of kindness, respect we continue to do have patience, tolerance.

Compassion, empathy and sensitivity.

Many of the Community Champions have expertise, knowledge, specific health issues, illness, conditions.  We use to help you the members.

Some of us have long health histories, valuable information, advice.

It is very deflating, emotional for me personally. When I meet some one who has same as me and denies everything I am informing them.

Do not wish to entertain or consider the advice, information. Feel ignored not wanted.

My thoughts are the following I do not pluck the information, advice to out of thin air from my memory.

Have a reference file, folder lots of links, support. May research your if you do a rare condition, make notes could be some time.

I do get notified by my colleagues and lovely friends of any specific members I can help.

So imagine try to walk in my shoes. You arrived here on the forum, whole spiel of life history.

I and others give you the information, advice, guidance and you simply not recognise that or do not ever listen or read what is said to you.

How would you feel.?

Even worse lately getting abusive and nasty towards us will not tolerate this.

Please if you need help then ignore the information we supplied why come on to the forum.

I had a life of denial, not acceptance my own personal circumstances.

Realised missed a lot now life is too short, wish had done that this then now, not only painful for me.

Understand see others doing the same.

Please look at what we post consider your health and wellbeing.

After all if you do ask do not get never know what can happen.

I know fears, insecurities and anxiety plays a big part but if you ignore any thing.

Some one who has a wealth of experience, knowledge how do you know what any of Community Champions team makes sense or is offering some solutions to your problems.

If you constantly ignore this, doors will not  open stones never  removed from paths, offer a sensible practical answers. Wasted time energy effort.

I have and do spend hours, days helping those with struggles of addiction, drugs and mental health then told will not listen or do not wish to know.

To me mystifying, have care, concern even PM members who I know and offer extra support and the Team do inform the SCOPE team

I have to say also many times have to walk away. This hurts me mentally, if you hear any shouting. Sorry this is me and some others.

Because you are ignoring us, being abusive sometimes, contradicting information supplied .

Lying, denying kidding yourself does not work in the real world and the Community Champions know this, so why do it.

Please if you need help, advice please be open, honest.

All posts clear precise and we do understand have a story to tell.

The clearer the questions, advice the more we can help you.

Please recognise that we as Community Champions love our community our members our role.

Please beware that on weekends very few Community Champions on the forum.

Please we will get to you asap.  Please if you can show some respect and patience.

The team SCOPE also are here most days but please also recognise there like ourselves.

I want a happy Community this can happen if every one plays ball.  Accepts that they need some help.

Thank you all very much and please thank you for your time.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ thespiceman,  my thoughts and feelings also, there is so much information on line government sites and from our valued champions like you and poppy, it must be annoying and frustrating at times having multiple posts , people expecting instant reply’s when the information they require is online just google the question. Thank you champions for you patient and time giving.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @wilko   Thank you for your kind words.

Thank you also sharing, understanding.

I hope this helps every one to be aware of everything we do.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @thespiceman - Great post! I hope people take notice of it. It must be incredibly frustrating when people ask questions and then totally ignore your response or challenge it in some way. All of you who give up your own time to respond have my complete admiration. Well done in all you (and the others who help) do. :)

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Very well put @thespiceman.        It must be frustrating responding to posts that can be so easily answered by a simple Google search.        Sometimes a reply that is meant to be humorous or satirical can be taken to be offensive when no such offence is intended. I'm afraid that I can be guilty of this at times.      You and all who give of their time to make Scope what it is deserve our admiration and respect 100%.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• thespiceman
    Hello @Cressida   Thank you my friend kind words.

We do our best and love working with you all.

Must add made a lot of friends and each one is my heart.

Always plenty of room.

I do and enjoy my time helping you all . Feel we one big family and feel the love every day.

Thank you for the support.

Your friend 

The spicy one.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    edited January 2020
    Hello @exdvr   Thank you for the kind words.

I do not ever mind looking have a big black folder lots of pages, lists scraps of paper.

Researching and taken my time, finding out and much more time spent of those members have long term health problems.

Enjoy all of that is it the disappointment the emotive feeling have ignored you as their some times seems to be misunderstanding, mis information what extra aspects of the forum we do.

We are not interfering or prying you have come here for a purpose.

I do get distressed those with mental health and addiction because it is changing the landscape the whole picture.

Branches whole areas having been covered or not now.  Mental health is also costing a lot and budgets stresses, strains are serious problems.

As are rehab facilities addiction drop in centres needle exchanges all now being shut down to costs..

If you do not wish to do anything.  Soon have to travel considerable distances.

I have met those who are in complete denial in my life .

Apologise this to any one sorry to if I ever upset you any one who is reading this .

They have come to my home here in denial and let them go there own way.

A period of time has come and gone. Knocking on my door reaction please need your help now . I have seen those thinking recover but will not as this friend had about less than the time he thought.

I can see it there penniless family got rid , he could have avoided all that why ignore me.  I have been there and do know the need to find answers.

Not pleasant to see a former friend yellow skinned the fatal signs of alcoholism, liver packed up and kidneys.

He still walking not for long, me in ambulance with him  and he does not realise or does until ambulance driver and Doctor tells him, sorry mate .

Do wish to contact family, been there a few times with friends.

All he had to do was make a decision contact me acceptance and given the chance would be alive today. Any of those who have addiction need to know that.

Help is there please consider the pain you causing for other families and loved ones.

Do something about this year right now.  You can do this I did it and have been grateful to those who have had acceptance thanks to them.

Will continue to support those.

Please if you come on to the forum need help with addiction mental health please do not ignore me others.

End of lecture.

Thank you my friend for your support.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Well said @thespiceman. I have had some great advice from this forum especially from @poppy123456. Thank you all for taking the time to try to help others x
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Thankyou Spiceman. And to all others who offer  us help here too.xxx
    I appreciate the time and effort involved.xx
  • thespiceman
    edited January 2020
    Hello @Adrian_Scope   Thank you for support and words thank you.

I would like to point out many members come on and do want a question and an answer, my problem is there is some misunderstanding or confusion.

That members do come on for that a small number, expect a lot from us the Community Champions.

After being given an answer a lot of support it is then the problems start.

I just think needs to be perhaps when enrolled what exactly we do and our aims.

Your maybe as SCOPE need to say that and if I can recall never told what you do.

Sign a declaration and rules, guide that they can understand the procedures the conditions, the reasons they have enrolled.

Met many members clueless how to post, how to write a comment, how to discuss any thing.

You sign agreements every time for any website, subscriptions, on line shopping so on.

Will not let you pass and move on unless your reading the terms and conditions so on.

Only never thought of doing this post but I do given the chance want and do like every one to just be aware of any thing we post.

I am guilty of sending lots of links as feel the member comes on wants answers and support straight away.

Yet as a Community Champion feel the responsibility to give them much information, may be needs then address any issues directly and quickly.

I do understand may be tired or exhausted or emotional but I want any members surely to be aware and take any information.

Use it for their own beneficial needs unfortunately some do not.

Continue to post the same questions and do not understand anything we have written, so is that a problem needs sorting out.

We live in a media age and have lots of information, advice and guidance 

Is it possible then another suggestion they can down load if they can or be told on the forum read this carefully.

This is important to need to be reading this and please can you if you need to make some notes or something like that.

I do word any thing in short paragraphs and sentences   if I can.

Please can I ask what do you think ?  

Always appreciate your support or guidance.

Thank you 

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    edited January 2020
    Hello @Firefly123          @pollyanna1052

Thank you very much kind words and comments much appreciated.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    I think sometimes people need to have their head in the right place to accept advice. Im a bit like this myself  (in life generally, not on this forum I hope) 

Keep going over the same ground to anyone that will listen and, in that process, im actually working out the answers myself.

In fact, i have waffled on on this forum quite a bit about my son.

And i have no difficulties with language comprehension or anything else (my son has a disability, not me)

I can only imagine how difficult it must be if you are desperately needing answers your ability to seek help and accept help is compromised.

Even when your efforts to help seem in vain @thespiceman, im sure they might well be helping over the longer term. Sometimes people are on the defensive at first, but gradually they come to a place where they are ready to listen.

Im sure your time is very much appreciated by many - and for those that seem not to want it, it will be because of their difficulties and not as a personal rejection of you - even though it must feel like that at times.

Keep doing what you do, but remember to look after yourself first :)
  • thespiceman
    Hello @anisty   Thank you for your support and kind words.

Please if I can help with anything please ask, problems with your son.

Anything can advise on, do not mind finding out.

One of the big problems a little insight in to the way of thinking regarding health issues.

Certain aspects of mental health, addiction needs to be addressed as soon possible.

Numbers, time and budgets means many services have limited funds.

In my own experiences and attending charities support for a range of problems, including addiction.

Worse now waiting times then could get sorted but had to wait on the list for some time.

I do understand those saying the information make a note or use it later but if you do not then some one else get the much deserved help not you.

Memories of former friends who have passed on due to addiction deal with it later or recent encounters with those in resource centres.

In denial .  

On this forum met several members who have severe addiction and they do not know it, my care concern identified the problems,.

Yet it is annoying, frustrating to see a member or any one dying before your eyes and they will.

Addiction is a disease sorry to be strong words over this but do think if you do not recognise the serious implications any one.

Then you will know before it is too late nothing can be done, like many of my former friends.

If I had not enrolled would not have helped my self got clean, got help, advised others. Qualifications a plenty my experience, knowledge to help me but others.

I do take care of my self have breaks but because of my faith my Christianity have a heart.

What does worry me cause me a lot of anxiety is the time many of us of the Community Champions spend time helping those.

Yet ignored and if they had listened, learn to get the help the support never know what could happen.

Life is a journey and yellow brick road with many opportunities, met many.

I know started in the mental health service now employed but were originally a service user.

I hope that any one who is ever saying can not do not wish to hear the advice and guidance needs to think clearly.

What and why they have of expectations of any information or support offered if I have a link or an organisation, anxiety plays a part.

Cope the best your can and find out, never easy first for any one.

Achievements healing and  recovery all come slowly .

Please I hope if you wish to talk to me how I can help please do.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Thanks @thespiceman :)  it sounds as if you have learned a lot along your journey and now have the experience to help others. Im sure your message will reach many, and might well help some who are currently struggling on the road to recovery. Awesome!

Brightness