Finacial review form for non residential care services — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finacial review form for non residential care services

tina1148
tina1148 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Could anyone please specify specifically what the part of the council  finacial review form 'home and other expenditure' includes.

What does 'home' include and what does 'other expenditure ' include.  Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Here's the guide again but do remember that all local councils have their own criteria and what may apply to one council, might not apply to another. https://www.real.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Reals-guidance-on-disability-related-expenditure-12-April-2017-PDF.pdf

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tina1148
    Hi thanks for sending the guide.  But it relates to DRE not ' home and other expenditure'.  DRE is not included in this. 

Does anyone know what it includes specifically.  Noone seems to know?
  • poppy123456
    I can't find anything in general, other than for a few different local councils. This is because all local councils have their own criteria and rules.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tina1148
    I havery telephoned a few people but just get passed around.  There must be somebody that knows or else the council can just put anything they like.  My finacial review has been done so incorrectly so far that I do not trust them
  • poppy123456
    Yes, i remember your previous threads regarding this. Unfortunately as advised because all councils have their own criteria, there's no specific guidance available.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Tina, did I talk to you before re this?

I recently had to start paying towards my care.

Tell me what they are asking for? If not DRE I don't know what to say. xxx
  • tina1148
    Hi it's in the letter that they send to you.  It says home and other expenditure.

I wanted to know what they defined as 'home' and 'other" officially.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Could it be the extra costs it takes to live with a disability?
    ie showering
    laundry
    heating

When we were stumped and fed up of phonecalls not getting us anywhere, I demanded a financial bod come out to see us at home., to explain their charges. I had to make a nuisance of myself to get this.

They said someone would come out in 2weeks, as they were busy.

I made notes of names and what was said back then, so I rang after the 2 weeks was up.

I got the same head of section and reminded him of my calls. He said something which annoyed me, but \I stuck to my guns.

He said `I`ve slept since then. You`ll have to remind me again`. I did so and got that home visit I wanted.

I bet he was surprised to hear from me again. We need to keep on at them...in the politest possible way of course!!!
  • tina1148
    Yes good on you.  Keep them in their toes lol.  I think those are Disability Related Costs though.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.