Free cinema tickets for disabled people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free cinema tickets for disabled people

Weeme12
Weeme12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Free cinema tickets from for disabled

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Weeme12 - Welcome to the community.
    There's a CEA cinema card which a disabled person can get so that they can have someone accompany them for free.
    If that's what you are looking for, here's a link where you can apply online: https://www.ceacard.co.uk/apply
    There is also a link if you want to apply by post on that page.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Weeme12 and a very warm welcome to the community! I too would recommend the CEA card. :)
    Scope

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Weeme12 it's a great card. I'm off to watch the ballet at Vue tonight.  Cost £20 for two VIP seats instead of £40. 
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi I have a CEA card it’s so good as you get a Carer or another person in for free, so it’s worth having the card.
  • Weeme12
    Weeme12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am looking forward to u sing it 
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Yes it is good, do you have a card called max card I have it, money off when you go to theme parks, bowling, museums, tours, theatres, soft play places etc 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I've had the CEA card for years, only reason I don't have one at the moment is because all the Cinemas are closed due to the Pandemic, so I allowed my card to run out circa the end of last August and haven't renewed it.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I've had the CEA card for years, only reason I don't have one at the moment is because all the Cinemas are closed due to the Pandemic, so I allowed my card to run out circa the end of last August and haven't renewed it.

Do you think the scheme works well @MrAllen1976?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited January 2021

Do you think the scheme works well @MrAllen1976?
    Oh yeah, coupled with the Cineworld Unlimited card it saved me a fortune, and pre Pandemic I was often going to the movies twice a week most weeks.

Before I had the CEA card though I used to have to blag my carers in for a reduced rate or even free, sometimes the Cinema staff were a bit funny about it, until I learned to quote the 2010 Equality Act.

Also the Odeon do a similar scheme to the Unlimited card, called the Limitless card, pay a fixed sum of about £18 a month and you can go as many times as you want for the price, and you even get discounts on munchies and drinks.

Brightness