I no longer need medical certificates? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I no longer need medical certificates?

Options
anne65
anne65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I had phone call today telling me I no longer need medical certificates & shouldn’t have for a long time & it’s been an oversight, will I be entitled to back money at a higher rate? Feel greedy thinking I might. Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and support others.

I'm assuming this is regarding a work capability assessment because you mention medical certificates, is that correct? Were you found fit for work previously and did your money stop? if so what was the recent decision they made, did they place you into one of the groups?

Sorry for all the questions but you haven't really given enough of information to be able to advise you correctly, so much information is needed.

It's getting late now, so i will give you further advice in the morning, if i can.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @anne65

Welcome it’s great to meet you this morning.

It’s great to see that my good friend @poppy123456 is already helping you with your current post.

Please please let me know if you need any further help/advice??

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @anne65 :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.