How does this work sorry — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How does this work sorry

Options
mdw123
mdw123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
What do I do? How do I get support? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

May i ask what support you would like? Maybe you have a question you'd like answering? what ever it is i'm sure someone will be able to help advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mdw123
    Options
    I dyslexic I basically have some pretty bad reference only good one I have are ones from 5 years ago 

• mdw123
    Options
    I trying to find work but its pretty difficult 
  • mdw123
    Options
    where do I out my phone number and what  is the date that I be supported?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scope is a public forum and we don't allow you to use personal information such as phone numbers, email address etc because anyone can see them and we value other peoples safety.

Do you currently claim any benefits? if you do then your local job centre will help you with a CV.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mdw123 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  May I ask what type of work you are looking for?  Have you spoken to anyone at your local job centre to ask for some help as often an adviser can help you with applying for jobs, writing a CV, etc?  

SCOPE have a Support to Work online and telephone support programme which may be of help to you if you would like to take a look at their link below which gives you further information about them -

https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/support-to-work/

They can be contacted on - supporttowork@scope.org.uk or on 0300 222 5742.

Also may I suggest contacting the British Dyslexia UK Association to see if they can be of any help to you -

https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/

I hope the above information is of some help to you and I wish you well in your search for work.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  If there is anything else we can help you with at all then please don't hesitate to ask.  All the best.  :smile:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mdw123, how are things?
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI @mdw123 How is the job search going. I suggest you work with your local job centre and register with some employment agencies as well. The first action is to put together your CV there are lots of guidelines on the internet to help you do this including some templates which will help you structure the CV by adding in your details    

Brightness