PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Re- applying for Pip

lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 521 Pioneering
Hi,
I have been in receipt of Pip ( middle rate care& High mobility) due to poorly controlled epilepsy.
during the 3 years I have now been diagnosed with an under active thyroid which since being  treated has started a heart arrhythmia.
now I’m having an ecg implant under my skin to track my heart rhythm for 2 yrs. as the cardiology thinks that it may be Afib.
it does affect me, quite often when I have palpations I feel weak & faint. My left arm aches and generally it also agrivates the epilepsy petit mal seizures.
  My question is even if the Afib has not yet diagnosed, Will this be taken into consideration.
also has anybody else experienced this?

Replies

• Kev2020Kev2020 Member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hi sorry to hear this PIP will take into account any long term issue and you can use any medical evidence you have.
    If you call PIP 0800 917 2222 and tell them about your changes. They will send you a change of circumstances form and probably ask you for a face to face.

Let us knows how you get on.

Kev 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,040 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no middle rate care for PIP, it's standard or Enhanced. Or are you claiming DLA still?

Re-applying is not possible if you already have an existing award. You can put in a request for a worsening of condition but doing this you risk losing what you already have.

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. For a descriptor to apply to you, you must be affected at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 521 Pioneering
    Sorry
    i have standard care & enhanced mobility.
    im not going to inform them of the changes yet as my award finishes in 2021, so I suppose they will start the process this year anyhow
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,040 Disability Gamechanger
    Reviews take place 6 months before your award ends and not 12 months before like they used to.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.