Care assessment from cpuncol — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Care assessment from cpuncol

hass
hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
Hi all
Has anyone had a care assessment  done from there council. Is so what does it entail.
Thank you

Comments

• 6point5
    6point5 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I've had a few. Normally an Ot comes round also, they sit and chat to u about your illness and how it affects you personally, they will look around your home and see what equipment they can put in place to help you. They will also see if you would benefit from Carers x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    6point5 said:
    I've had a few. Normally an Ot comes round also, they sit and chat to u about your illness and how it affects you personally, they will look around your home and see what equipment they can put in place to help you. They will also see if you would benefit from Carers x
    That's not what a carers assessment is. A carers assessment looks at the caring role of a carer who looks after a person over the age of 18 to see if any further help can be given. See link for details of what a carers assessment is.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hass

Do you mean a care needs assessment? If so, check out all the information you need to know about a care needs assessment here. Hope this helps!

If you need any further help then please do not hesitate to let us know! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • hass
    Thank you all .

• hass
    Hi all hope everyone is well.
    Haven been on site for a whille.

I  am wanting advise  I was due to have  foot surgery and  advised to have   a social service assessment. 
    After the assessment I was told that the hospital would do assessment  .

Due to serious  harrassment  where i live 
    I cancelled it .
    I don't know what to do I can not cope on my own .

Thank you

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I`ve had care paid for with Direct Payments since 2011.

You first need to ring your Social Services dept and say you`d like an assessment for care.

There is usually a long waiting time.

A social worker will come out and go through your daily routine and how you do things

She/he will draw up a plan. Then you will be told how many hours it entitles you to.

Then you will be means tested to see if you have to contribute towards the cost.

Then you have to find carers. You could do this yourself, if you know anyone who would do it and you become their employer. Or you could use an agency, or social services will give you a list of people they have. Or you could use their brokerage system for carers.

There may be some difference in the way your LA works, but this is how it was for me.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hass, how are things for you at the moment? It sounds like you've been let down.
    Scope

• hass
    Hi Chloe 
     I don't know what to do  about anything  Im not getting help  from social services they said i have equipment  and once I was assessed at hospital   after surgery they would  assist 
     I need to be reffered for foot surgery as i could not cope therefore cancelled  .
     She did not carry propery assessment  ie the front door and the entrance in my flat would be difficult.
    I had the assessment  done last July 

Thank you all
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @hass, you can apply for another assessment if you believe that you require more support. I hope this will help to get you more support. Do you have any other medical professionals involved in your care?
    Scope

• hass
    Hi thank you for responding .

No i havent was offered an advocate I think that  may help.
    I'm not good at asking I feel ashamed .

• Chloe_Scope
    I really hope the advocate helps! I understand it can be difficult, you deserve this support. :)

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help.
    Scope

• hass
    Thank you for being kind I'm going to contact them today 

Brightness