Waiting for court appeal date for PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for court appeal date for PIP

2»

Comments

• MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
  • lulu1949
    lulu1949 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    @mobileGamess, yes you and Poppy have been really good to me, I suppose there is a reason for me adding to the previous paperwork because his pain has got worse since the assessment, he has had his pain relief /incorporating depression tablets to 9 a day. It started at one for a few days , then two , then three and so on till nine were reached. Heaven knows how this is effecting his health. I did send a letter in to tell them about his tablet change but I think I will take both your advice and follow up with another letter giving examples about how worse he has got since his assessment. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Do be aware that any worsening of condition since the decision was made will not be taken into consideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lulu1949
    Oh my goodness that seems so unfair so what are you supposed to do , not mention that you feel worse and have more pain? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, that's the rules and it's always been this way. You need to concentrate on what his condition was like when the decision was made and not what it's like now. This doesn't stop you writing that letter to include the real life examples.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lulu1949
    Ok Poppy thanks for the good advice I will do this. Wish me luck. Will let you know how I get on but it won’t be for a while , thank you so much for your help and thanks to @mobilegames. I have felt quite lonely with my thoughts.
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    I applied for Appeal in September - I had my Tribunal yesterday - don't expect too much. It was adjourned as the DWP had left out the most important part of the bundle. I have another one in 2 weeks time for my PIP. I am not expecting that to last more than 5 minutes either. 
  • lulu1949
    @soconfused , omg I am so sorry for you , how unfair, do they not realise how stressful this is!!! Good luck 
  • MobileGames
    @lulu1949. I don't think they care. The stress makes it worse. They decide and that's that,then you have no choice but to appeal and have to wait months and months. The stress makes the conditions worse.
    Here's what I'm appealing against. I have depression,anxiety,OCD,some inconvenience linked to anxiety and have to limit my fluid intake if a toilet isn't near by because when I need to go,I need to go,so I need to wear a pad. Acid reflux where I have difficulty bending repeatedly. If I bend too much I feel sick and need to lie down. I take an anti emetic after showering because showering makes me feel tired and nauseous. I need to lie down afterwards and put the fan on so can do this twice a week,not very day. I have a learning difficulty and find it difficult to process and remember complex verbal and written information. I failed pre GCSE English and had a statement put on me and was put down in the last year at primary school,went on a reading program and struggled a lot in high school,that and that the bullying caused me to leave early with no qualifications. I can't get to an unfamiliar place without a relative coming with me. If they don't know the place,I'm stuffed. I tried and got lost,stressed out and was crying. That was 12 miles away. It ook me an hour to get there and an hour to get back! Never attempted it again on my scooter,which I'm on L-Plates for because I can't pass the flipping practical and needed extra time on the Theory and hazards,which I requested via the psychiatrist at the time(forgot to mention the psychiatrist bit,have found the letter since then.) I'm sensitive to certain sounds and noises. A neighbour kept revving their car a few years back and I was so irritated and anxious that I was shaking,screaming,crying and I wet myself. Relatives had to telk them to stop. I was throwing things about in my room. It was driving me nuts. Late last year I was at a small group and someone kept finger tapping and I had to ask them to stop. It got to the point where I was that irritated and stressed that if they hadn't stopped I would've had to complained. I was on the verge of tears. Another time a person brought in their child and it started being noisy. In the end I had to go outside because I was shaking with the stress of it and on the verge of tears. I can't go out for the day because of being too far away from home. The last time I tried was at a relatives funeral and the anxiety was sky high. I couldn't eat inside the pub when we stopped off for lunch. I needed to be outside and have space around me. On the way back Id got my tea with me. I had brought my tea with me and sat in the car and ate it. Relatives went into a supermarket to buy food,then came back to the car. I felt sick and had indigestion. The nausea didn't lift until the next day. I had to take an indigestion tablet when I got home because I wasn't issued with anti emetics back then. I can't go on holiday because of being away from home in a strange environment. The last time I tried,we'll was forced by my relatives to go at 14 years of age,we had to come back the next day because I was that anxious and couldn't go down for breakfast and had to have it brought up to the hotel room. They said I'd ruined their holiday! I can't go to the supermarket,all the people, kids,tannoy system. The last time I tried I ended up snapping at relatives and crying in Sainsburys,people were looking at me. My relative gave me the keys and told me to go back to the car. I sat in the car in the carpark,crying. Another relative used to trivialise my conditions until I told another relative and they intervened. If I'm shouted at I start to cry,which is embarrassing. I need distraction in order to take in food because of the anxiety. A person talking to me or the TV. The bullying at school(sometimes physical), college and work has left its mark. I was bullied about my lack of intelligence and my weight. A girl kept following me around near where I lived at the time and in the end an injunction had to be taken out. A boy inappropriately touched me when I was 11. Ironically,it was the years of bullying that caused my mental health problems. They know all of this. A relative put it on the form and I said it at the assessment. The MR was a nightmare. The company I used to help me skimmed through the evidence,put very little on the form and  kept complaining about the computer not working properly. I had someone who helped to run a small group email another company on my behalf,who posted me a letter of representation after getting my consent for my bundle to be copied and scanned,then sent to them. The letter was amended in parts and then sent to the tribunal this January. I shan't be concentrating on the assessor not listening to me and asking the same questions several times. I will be mentioning that I was very anxious and crying at the time of the assessment because that was in the paperwork of them looking at the claim again before they decided to score me 2 points. 2 points for incontinence. It's a long road. I still haven't heard about whether I can get a telephone appeal or not and the evidence was sent in in November,which they notified me that they had received. If I can't get one,another company said that they'd arrange for a volunteer driver to take me in the afternoon after I've had a cooked meal. A relative can accompany me. I'm always having to try to find solutions to problems, mostly by needing the help of others,which I feel a burden,and having to justifying myself,even to friends at times. The friends who kept putting me down,I kicked to the curb,don't need them. All I can do is hope the wait isn't much longer. If it wasn't for relatives and a company or two,I would've given up on the appeal. Do you have the CAB to help you? A letter of representation mentioning the descriptors of where you think you should've scored points and why,giving real life examples may be of some use to send. Sorry to hear you feel alone with your thoughts. You're right,the thoughts do go round and round in your head. If I concentrated on them too much,I wouldn't get out of bed,which has happened at times. Twice last year I stayed in bed,only getting up to get food,drink and go to the toilet,watching TV at lunch and tea,then going back to bed for that day,but that doesn't solve anything. All of us need to fight. You need to fight this. Stay strong. Don't let them grind you down,that's exactly what they want. You can do this. We're all here to support one another. 
  • MobileGames
    @soconfused. Sorry to hear that they've adjourned the tribunal because of vital evidence being left out, adding further to your stress. I wouldn't mention that at the tribunal though,as hard as it would be not to! It's best to concentrate on which descriptors you are appealing against and why,giving real life examples of what happened the last time you tried to carry them out. Whether you can do them safely,reliably,repeatedly and in a reasonable time frame. Wishing you the best of luck. 
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    Thanks - this was a tribunal for UC WCA - my PIP bundle is complete but the judge has asked the DWP to send in the missing parts of the UC bundle - and also to send in my PIP award notice. Not sure why as they are supposed to be separate

Might lose my PIP - who knows I won't lose my UC so I had nothing to lose there. If I lose my PIP then I will be stuffed. I assume a tribunal can also take it away? 

Or maybe she is going to use my PIP assessment which is more recent to conclude on WCA? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.