Question Letter from pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question Letter from pip

mumbo
mumbo Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi all i was awarded pip in 2018 till 2021 .today I received a letter saying we have looked at your claim and it stays the same on the other piece of paper it says if I feel the desision is wrong I can appeal this is called mandatory desision. I haven't been for any assessments in the time I have been claiming or asked them to look at the claim again .Does anyone know what this letter is about thanks.

Comments

• ketomum
    ketomum Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Good Morning mumbo, It could be regarding the mobility law that was changed 2017 please don't quote me. Where they are checking previous assessments to see if they are now eligible for mobility. This is purely a guess as I am a PIP novice.
  • Jiggy
    Jiggy Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    edited February 2020
    Or is this a paper assessment that has been done as mumbo says he was awarded in 2018
  • ketomum
    @jiggy I thought reassessment is done 6 months before the end of the award??
  • ketomum
    And the current award runs out in 2021. Purely Guessing... :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I would agree with @ketomum that it's most likely to due with the changes for following and planning a journey and the claims they are looking at that were awarded after a certain date. This just means that there will be no changes to your current award and your review will still take place 6 months before the award is due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @mumbo. :)

Is there anything else we can do to help? Please do let us know how you get on!
    Scope

• skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    mumbo said:
    Hi all i was awarded pip in 2018 till 2021 .today I received a letter saying we have looked at your claim and it stays the same on the other piece of paper it says if I feel the desision is wrong I can appeal this is called mandatory desision. I haven't been for any assessments in the time I have been claiming or asked them to look at the claim again .Does anyone know what this letter is about thanks.
    Are you over 65?
  • mumbo
    mumbo Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Thanks for your help .And no I'm not over 65 .
    Thank you all 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.