Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
tyrone
tyrone Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I'm new to this just a question my partner was on DLA for 15 yrs waiting on a complete knee reconstruction with the change over to PIP he went from 2 highs to low mobility thou he suffers with very bad mental health too overdosed n slit wrists in past n chronic pain in knee n hand went through all channels MRC & Tribunal no joy so ask for the tribunal commissioner to look at it again which they say doesnt get go ahead really but he did he had his tribunal again cupl days ago doesnt really look good coz wanting too know more about the way he was bk in 2017 when he was last in front of tribunal not the way he is today thou he answered most questions to best of his knowledge n also asked me why did aye not accompany him at his mental health appts or the last tribunal which aye did but sat in waiting room didnt want to hear what he had to say coz aye get very upset very easy n wudn be no good to him hoping they dont down mark him just because aye wasnt in room aye even had to leave the tribunal cupl days ago coz of being in floods of tears has anyone else had to take tribunal to the commissioner of tribunal x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

It's rare for this to happen but yes people on here have appealed a first tier Tribunal. You need to remember that DLA and PIP are different benefits with different criteria. The reason they were asking questions about how he was in 2017 was because they can't take into consideration any worsening of condition after the original decision was made.

As they haven't made a decision yet, they usually write to you within a couple of days with the decision. Hopefully it won't be too long. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tyrone
    tyrone Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks poppy123456

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tyrone   Pleased to meet you.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.

Please may I suggest your ex-partner contact mental health charities.

With his mental health would get floating support, advice, well being and especially this situation with benefits and tribunals.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

He can self refer or speak to his GP.

Might not be in all areas.

Please if I can help further please get in touch, happy to be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tyrone, just wanted to check in to see how things were going. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.