SSP and council tax deduction — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SSP and council tax deduction

Rosie1966
Rosie1966 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’m currently off sick and I’m getting paid at the moment but when I get SSP will I get a council tax deduction. I won’t be going back to work I don’t think. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Claiming council tax reduction will depend on your circumstances such as household income and who you live with. As all local councils have their own criteria then i won't be able to advise you on this and you'll need to apply with your local council.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rosie1966 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry you're off sick & thinking about finishing work. I hope you find out about any council tax deduction from your local council, and please do let us know if there's anything we might be able to help you with. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rosie1966 Welcome to the community its nice to see new members here. Im sorry to hear you are off sick at the moment and hope you get some advice from your council regarding council tax reduction 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rosie1966 and welcome to the Community also from me.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear too that you are currently off sick and may not return to work.  I hope you have found Poppy's advice to be helpful and hope the council can give you some information about a council tax reduction.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  If there is anything further we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.