How is Everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is Everyone

csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
Hi Everyone,

How are you feeling today? 

I know this question has probably been covered many times, I just thought I would post something short and simple, hence not being online for a while. I don't always check the board. 

Kind regards
CSno1

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm good thank you, how are you @csno01? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, nice of you to ask how we all are. Im doing good after all it is pancake day any excuse for ice cream and chocolate sauce !!!!
  • csno01
    Hi Ami2031,

I am fine thank you. Feeling good despite the flooding. I hope everyone is ok?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely to hear from you @csno01! I'm going good thank you, warmer weather would be appreciated though!

How are you doing? :)
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Hi @csno01. Unfortunatley. I am having a bad day today. I feel very weak this morning but hopefully I will feel better as the day goes on! Chloe_Scope is right. We need some warm weather!
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope the day does improve for you deb74..

I`m good cheers!

Been to my Craft & Chat session at the hospice. It`s good there. Making a sock soft toy.
  • brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    I am used to saying "i am fine" when i am really not.. but i am going through it at the moment.. i am coming off of Oxycontin at the moment.. admittedly by choice to go onto a new medication; and its hurting like hell. I have gone from 40mg down to 5mg in a week. I am hoping to be totally off Oxy by tomorrow evening so i can start the new medication and then get some pain relief again as this is really hurting.. to the point of i spent several hours crying this morning.. and i never do that :(
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I would like to give a short answer but, as is usual for me, my situation is long and complex.

As simply as I can put it I am absolutely dreadful with everything totally out of control. It is because my main chronic issue in my lower spine has never been treated properly and is misdiagnosed and I am horrendously under medicated. Also my second (and completely unnecessary) chronic condition is not only not medicated at all but I have been refused appropriate surgery due to the senior consultant's mistake and his departments efforts to cover up the mistake. I also now have a third chronic condition due to which I have been coughing something up from my lungs since last summer and now have repeatedly contracted chest infections to complicate things and I am not only not being medicated for it I am not even being given help to diagnose the underlying condition.

Added to this I should be living in wheelchair friendly accommodation but  having had to wait 18 months for an OT assessment and a further 6 months to get the report to be correct and meaningful I am no longer healthy enough to go through the necessary steps to move from one Council house to another.

And then there was the bombshell my son (my only child who visits me more than 4 times a year) who told me Saturday that he intends to move abroad to live and work later this year. I was in such a bad way Monday night I called the Crisis line only to be told (rather brusquely and quite rudely) that I shouldn't have called them for the problems I have. With things getting worse I took too much medication to try and cope on Tuesday night. I informed the 111 service and they arranged an ambulance. However, it didn't arrive until 10 hours later and I was so upset by being ignored that I refused to go to A&E. I tried to get through Wednesday night but failed miserably and attempted suicide. When it failed I went to A&E in an ambulance only to be treated really badly by a doctor who asked questions and didn't bother to let me answer, who made me sit up quickly and pushed me down flat very quickly before tugging me back upright causing immense pain and suffering. He also removed the medication I had used to cope with the painful trip to hospital and the bed-to-bed movement they always put me through.  I was in such a state by the time this ignorant idiot had finished that I was completely paranoid and had to leave immediately. Even then they refused to help me get to A&E reception and I was forced to walk many times further than I can actually manage. I only managed it due to the paranoia and Adrenalin rushing through my system due to the anger at such bad treatment.

So..... I am at home in immense pain, going through withdrawal from a strong opiate and under-medicated to a massive extent. I am also being ignored by Mental Health, my GP surgery and the hospital paramedics. Consequently I am just wondering just exactly how I am going to get through the day alive.

I guess you'd call it a bad day after a bad week.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Geez you are going through it.. i can relate to the Withdrawal from strong opiates.. doing that myself at the moment.. hugs hun x
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Im really sad and down today, its the 2nd anniversary of my brother in law dying, he was only 52, and we buried my dad 2 weeks ago today. On top of all that I had to go to the doctors for my annual meds review and as I take 19 different meds that took some time.
    But tomorrow is another day hopefully a happier one.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Hi pollyanna1052. I did feel a bit better after I took the dog out thanks.  
  • Leanora1954
    Leanora1954 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    this is my 1st post i am really having a bad day I am disabled and have treatment for breast cancer I was put on a drug for next 10 year to help stop my cancer coming back but because of server reactions to other brands of this medication which non of my local chemists can get,I did ask my oncologist what were my chances of my cancer coming back if I do not take this medication, he said one in four.

I feel I am under a death sentence as one of the cancer they removed is a high risk of coming back in my brain bones or liver.

I could not have Chemotherapy because I developed sepsis pneumonia and my kidneys were shutting down, I spent 3 weeks in hospital after my 1st chemo

So Chemotherapy will not be an option for me. I had a mastectomy, I fought to have my other breast removed and was so glad I did because the results came back no cancer but significant changes in the breast tissue. because if it does come back it will not be an option

A family member died recently of bone cancer and he died in terrible pain as it is very hard to control pain with bone cancer.   i feel i am under a death sentence now because i had this problem last month and my mood is dropping . i have been so positive during all my treatment but i am losing the will to fight
  • Leanora1954
    Leanora1954 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Leanora1954 said:  I ment to say CAN NOT GET MY CANCER DRUG SORRY
    this is my 1st post i am really having a bad day I am disabled and have treatment for breast cancer I was put on a drug for next 10 year to help stop my cancer coming back but because of server reactions to other brands of this medication which non of my local chemists can get,I did ask my oncologist what were my chances of my cancer coming back if I do not take this medication, he said one in four.

I feel I am under a death sentence as one of the cancer they removed is a high risk of coming back in my brain bones or liver.

I could not have Chemotherapy because I developed sepsis pneumonia and my kidneys were shutting down, I spent 3 weeks in hospital after my 1st chemo

So Chemotherapy will not be an option for me. I had a mastectomy, I fought to have my other breast removed and was so glad I did because the results came back no cancer but significant changes in the breast tissue. because if it does come back it will not be an option

A family member died recently of bone cancer and he died in terrible pain as it is very hard to control pain with bone cancer.   i feel i am under a death sentence now because i had this problem last month and my mood is dropping . i have been so positive during all my treatment but i am losing the will to fight

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leanora1954 sorry to hear things have been so difficult for you. It sounds like it's been really tough. Have you ever been in touch with Macmillan
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    I don't know if you will see this Leonora, I`m sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

I felt so touched by your story and feel sad for you.

I have MS, but had a slight brush with cancer over 30 years ago.

I go to a local hospice for crafts, chat, cake and respite.

Is there a hospice near you? They are wonderfully helpful, kind advisors and nursing staff there.

Would it help you?

Much love and best wishes.xxx
  • csno01
    Ami2301 said:
    I'm good thank you, how are you @csno01? :)
    I'm ok thank you Ami. Trying my best to keep busy in this current time. Take care.
  • csno01
    janer1967 said:
    Hi, nice of you to ask how we all are. Im doing good after all it is pancake day any excuse for ice cream and chocolate sauce !!!!
    That sounds tasty. I hope you enjoyed. :smile:
  • csno01
    csno01 said:
    Hi Janer 1967,

I am fine thank you. Feeling good despite the flooding. I hope everyone is ok?

• csno01
    Sorry, the previous message was meant for Chloe_Scope. 

You can tell I don't come on here often. Lol.
  • pollyanna1052
    I`m doing ok thankyou for asking.
    Made my 14th cushion this morning.

I make one a day and will be giving them to charity when we finally come out of hibernation.

Don't know about you, but I expect to come out fatter, not thinner like other animals who hibernate.

Pollyxx

Brightness