PIP award ...new diagnosis
I have a full PIP award. Numerous illnesses.
I now have a further diagnosis of lipodemea. No change to anything else.
Do I need to inform the DWP/ Pip people?
What will happen please? I cant cope very well mentally because of it all so the thought of more intrusive paperwork etc is worrying me. Please advise. What is the simplest thing to do with the least intrusive outcome. What are they likely to say if I telephone and just explain I have a new diagnosis to add to my list. I find the whole process so intimidating.
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 659 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 926 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 587 Chronic pain and pain management
- 649 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 703 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.