Any experiences with gastric pacing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any experiences with gastric pacing?

tippy1959
tippy1959 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello I’m 60 years young, and a retired nurse. I have struggled with chronic health issues for many years, but always found a way to keep going and more importantly smiling. I have been diagnosed with gastroparesis and slow transit colon, I’m really struggling with nausea and have a non surgical J tube which was placed in December due to weight loss and poor oral intake. I have been referred to Essex Hospital for Assessment to see if I’m suitable for gastric pacing, has anyone here had this, good or bad, I’d love to hear your experiences.  Thank you in anticipation ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @tippy1959 I've just had a look around the community and I can't seem to find anyone with experience of gastric pacing, but new members join every day and someone with a similar experience may join! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tippy1959 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and wish you all the best with your hospital assessment.  Please let us know how you get on.  We are here to support you on the Community so please feel free to chat to us anytime as there will always be someone here to listen.  If there is any way we can help/support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • tippy1959
    Thank you both for responding the disease I have unfortunately is rare and I am struggling to connect with people who have the same challenges....thank you for your responses though. Kim 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome. @tippy1959.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing and if we can be of further help then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tippy1959 - Welcome to the community, Kim. I'm sorry to read about your chronic health problems & the toll it has taken. I've been looking online, & am wondering if you've come across the following charities. The more general one, with the lovely name of GUTS, is funding research into gastroparesis. Please see:https://gutscharity.org.uk/
    https://www.giftuksupport.org/

• tippy1959
    Hi Chiarieds thank you for taking the time to respond and kindly sending the info, I will check this out thanks again ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome @tippy1959 - I hope you may be able to connect through one of the above charities to people that may know more about gastric pacing. I hope your assessment for this also gives you some answers. Please do let us know how you get on, & if we can help you in any way.

Brightness