Paper based only assessment outcome? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paper based only assessment outcome?

JimaylahHope89
JimaylahHope89 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
So. I had a letter Saturday from medical assessment centre saying a face to face assessment is not needed and that they have now passed my paperwork back to Universal credit to be with a decision maker and unfortunately there is no timescale. 

What happens now and will I be notified by post or in my journal whatever the decision is? Ie fit for work or lcwra etc

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
     @JimaylaHope89, Hello and welcome, I would phone DWP and request a copy of your assessment report then you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter from the DWP.  The decision makers normally go with the assessment report, and the award letter can take up to 8 weeks to arrive. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    HI,

In this case you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment. Once the decision's been made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    I see you posted on my wall again, i can't reply to that. To answer your question then it will depend if it's your first work capability assessment, if it isn't then the decision can either be LCW or LCWRA but it can't be fit for work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JimaylahHope89
    I
    I see you posted on my wall again, i can't reply to that. To answer your question then it will depend if it's your first work capability assessment, if it isn't then the decision can either be LCW or LCWRA but it can't be fit for work.
    It's my 2nd wca but last one failed cos told my mental health was irrelevant I then developed chronic incurable illness the 1St wca was 2017 and the 2nd in 2018 did you mean first in year or first since claiming UC?

My claim was originally rejected due to error on their part which they made ME feel guilty for for having and disclosing my ill health so I'm petrified they won't bother with a decision at all and somehow find me fit for work
  • poppy123456
    I mean first ever WCA. As you've had 2 previous assessments then you can be placed into either group but you can't be found fit for work with a paper based assessment.
  • JimaylahHope89
    I mean first ever WCA. As you've had 2 previous assessments then you can be placed into either group but you can't be found fit for work with a paper based assessment.

Hi ive not had 2 previous assessments just one previous assessment this is my 2nd assessment where no face to face is needed as enough evidence has been supplied
  • poppy123456
    Regardless, as this is your 2nd WCA then you could be placed into either of the groups. Please try to relax, there's nothing more that you can do. I totally understand just how stressful this whole process is having been through it myself a few times in the past several years. Hopefully you wont be waiting too long for the decision. Once it's made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.
  • JimaylahHope89
    How long does it take for letter to be uploaded once a decision is made as an advisor at jc told me 8 weeks my case manager said no time scale and another manager said upto 3 months for decision with paper only assessments
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, there's no timescales for any decision, which is why you've been told various timescales from 3 different people. Hopefully not too long. Difficult to do but please try to relax because you can't be found fit for work.
  • JimaylahHope89
    Poppy thank-you you have been helpful I can now make moving back home my priority
  • JimaylahHope89
    How is a paper based assessment assessed?

Sorry for all the questions
  • poppy123456
    Not sure what you mean by this. You're assessed in the same way and the criteria is the same but there's no face to face needed because they have enough of information from your evidence and possibly contacted someone from your list of contacts for more information.
  • JimaylahHope89
    Not sure what you mean by this. You're assessed in the same way and the criteria is the same but there's no face to face needed because they have enough of information from your evidence and possibly contacted someone from your list of contacts for more information.
    Hi Poppy it's good news been awarded LCWRA and owed 11 months backpay thank you for all your help.

I've asked in my journal if I'd be able to get a change of circumstances  advance payment would I be able to get this for an amount under £100 just to tie me over til I receive my backpay cos as far as I'm aware there's no timescale on how long it takes money owed to be paid and I only have £319 left to pay on advance budgeting loan and nothing else owing
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2020
    That's great news. Regarding the backdated money, you should receive a letter on your journal within the next 7 days telling you how much you will receive and when. Have you been told it's 11 months that's owed to you?

Unfortunately because you have an outstanding debt from a previous budgeting advance  then you won't be able to have another until that's fully paid back. Do you have someone that you can borrow money off. if you've not got any to last you until you receive the money you're owed?

For future reference the least amount you can request is £100.

• JimaylahHope89
    edited March 2020
    Can't borrow money off anyone uc adviser said cos my money might go up during decision being made that if and when I was awarded lcwra it could trigger a change of circumstances advance payment and it's estimated at 11 month I received the award letter today but not sure when backpay will be paid as due a normal uc payment on 23rd this month anyway it was nice news before my b'day am waiting on 2nd letter about owed payment but no timescale on when I will get that

[Image removed by moderator]
  • JimaylahHope89
    Can u cover my name on attachment?
  • poppy123456
    You will receive a 2nd letter regarding your backdated money within the next 7 days and backdated money is usually paid at a different time to your usual monthly money.

I can't cover your name myself because i can't edit any posts. You can edit the comment yourself and cover your name and you have 1 hour to do this after you post the comment. Once the hour has gone then you can't edit your comment. I can report the comment to admin and they will edit it once they see it but it may not be until Monday.
  • JimaylahHope89
    So the lcwra doesn't get paid my normal uc payday once all money is sorted?  I thought it gets paid monthly
  • JimaylahHope89
    U can delete that comment with pic if u like
  • poppy123456
    The backdated money that you are owed is usually paid as a one off lump sum separately to your usual payday.

The LCWRA extra money each month is then paid in with your usual monthly payment.

As i advised, i can't remove the comment for you because i can't delete posts. You can delete the comment yourself though but you only have a very limited time to delete it. I have reported the comment to ask for it to be edited to remove your name but it's very unlikely that it will be done tonight because it's now past midnight.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.